I'm about to go insane

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I\'m about to go insane

I'm going to buy a Surefire for EDC. My problem is I can't decide on what one. I'm looking at the E1E and E2O. The way I would carry it would be in the pocket not using the clip most the time. In my profession having a flashlight showing in my pocket is not desirable. I choose these two lights because 15-25 lumens is what I'm looking for. Any comments from anyone would be helpful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Re: I\'m about to go insane

The E1e/KL1 has the advantage for EDC because it's smaller. The E2e/KL1 has about 4 hour runtime and the E1e/KL1 has about 1.5 hour runtime. IMHO size wins out in this case.

The E1e/KL1 would be nice with a R123 from JS Burly's.

The E2e/KL1 will work with Pilas.

I'm looking forward to trying the E1e/KL4 with R123s. Another option to drive you insane. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

If you want incandescent I'd recommend the E2e or E2O. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

sbebenelli

Enlightened

I will deffinitly get the KL1 in the future regardless with what light I decide on.

mixerman

Newly Enlightened

I would say that the E2O would be better. I have an E1e and when it is in my pocket it turns sideways and moves around more because it is short. The E2O would not be as much of a problem in that regard, at least IMO. Plus the runtime is much better.

sbebenelli

Enlightened

I'm leaning towards the E2O because it already has the long running lamp. I was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on the longer clip it has compared to the E2E.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I prefer the longer clip on the E20 to the short clip on the E2e. It gets a better grip.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

get the E2O. i too prefer the longer clip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened

The advantages of the longer clip are much better grip but otherwise it does tend to be more prone to damage from deformation when it catches on things. The shorter clip is IMHO the more durable but less secure way to clip it to things. (sorry, but as with most things in life you cant have it all!)

Doug

OBTW nice to see you here again winston! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

haley1

Enlightened

I tend to disagree about the long ver short clip. I've used both and the short clip seems to me to work better. It is shorter so has more tensile strength than the longer one. As for the E1e ver the E2O. I'd go for the E1E with the KL1 for your purposes. It's more pocket friendly, unless you carry your wallet in your front pocket. Then you could put the light alongside your wallet. That's my method, and it works well. Hardly noticable untill you need it, for a long time.

sithjedi333

Enlightened

KL1 on Vitalgear body/switch. The whole thing should come out to around $90 and you don't have extra heads and crap that you won't use. Or get a QIII.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

i carried around an E1e/KL1 for a while, and though it was really handy and small, it dropped out of my pocket a few times when i carried it loose. the older long clips were much more secure than the new ones. for some reason the new long clips have very little tension in them, so it would probably be a good idea to remove it and bend it a little for more tension before reinstalling it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

its nice to be back too, doug! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif i'm going to have to do a disappearing act again by the end of this week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree that the longer clips usually need a little bending to give them enough grip for my purposes. I think you'll be happier with the E20. Have you considered an L1 though?

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

L1! Thats the answer. It's great, durable and pretty small. I would also look into the E1e. Boy is that thing small!!

-tom

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love my E1e with the KL1 too. It is small and easy to pocket. Although sometimes I tend to let it slip from my hands (because of it's small size) but I still love the pocketability of it.

albert

Enlightened

I also love my E1E-SG with a modded KL1-SG with TW0H, together with a rechargable 123.

My EDC is a E1-HA with a McLux PR-HA-DB917-TX0J running off a rechargable 123. The result is f**king good.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast

Go for the E2O, IMO. Or, you could consider the 20 lumen Longbow Micra, an excellent little light that I carry in my pocket all time w/o a clip.

Latest posts