HDS Systems - EDC Extreme information

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

LedOrDie

Newly Enlightened
Uh oh. I smell a "runaround" in progress. What a shame.

[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:
[ QUOTE ]
LedOrDie said:
Any information or reviews on HDS Systems EDC Extreme flashlight? This is the closest thing I've seen to the Arc 4+ Premium.

http://
[url="http://www.hdssystems.com/EdcExtreme.html[/url"]]www.hdssystems.com/EdcExtreme.html
[/url]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI you can't get one yet. We keep hearing about them but few if any people have ever seen them. It was tough just getting HDS to publish pictures of any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trev1960

Newly Enlightened
"Uh oh. I smell a "runaround" in progress. What a shame."

Because a manufacturer is acting responsible, and not rushing a product to market I do not see it as a runaround. I would rather wait for a quality product to be released than have to send it back to be fixed.

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
LedOrDie,

Sorry to say, you cannot ship a product before the vendors finish delivering the production parts. Two vendors are currently behind schedule. We are planning on shipping two weeks after the last parts arrive. We are not going to rush this. And we prefer not to publish photos until we are ready.

We will publicly announce when that date arrives.

Henry.

diddy808

Newly Enlightened
theres a few pics flying around.....heres some of them
EdcComparison.jpg

EdcComparisonTail.jpg

These ones are only the prototypes though.

sithjedi333

Enlightened
I've been EDC the Lionheart as well as the HDS Ultimate, Extreme and Basic for evaluation purposes for the last month. Here is my comprehensive comparative review, including beamshots, exhaustive runtimes and output measurements (in candlepower, lux and lumens) on all light levels.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

oldtimer

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sithjedi333 said:
I've been EDC them for evaluation purposes for the last month. Here is my comprehensive review, including beamshots, runtimes and output measurements (in candlepower, lux and lumens) on all light levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Graemlin was the joke - nobody HAS all of them on hand yet (the prototypes for the HDS's are still with HDS, and Mr. Bulk's Lionhearts aren't shipping yet, IIRC). No beamshot evaluations or reviews are possible without actual product.

Flashlight Enthusiast
That red recessed switch on the HDS is really unattractive. I hope they do something else when the production starts (hopefully that is just the prototype).

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took my baloon to visit my comrade the All Poweful Wizard of Oz and run all of this by him. His exact words were:
Wait and SEE!!!!
When it happens, it happens! If not, folks, its vaporware.
When I SEE reviews by guys with GREEN letters on their names and web pages, I will buy one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif NOT Till Then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

MCO

Newly Enlightened
the red-like switch/button, as seen on EDC prototype will be black on the production lights...and also molded to fit the opening...first class. The switch is the fastest and best tactile feel I've used. Also the toughest. Think of an Arc4+ with all its features taken to higher levels...
More Waterproof - More Shockproof-More Levels of light-More Bright(as in more lumens)- LED's individually optimized via computer technology for optimal performance. WOW!!
My Arc4+(s) are faced with early retirement
MCO

shannow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MCO said:
The switch is the fastest and best tactile feel I've used.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you've actually used the light?

E

EchoSierraTwo

Will it be two-tone like that? I don't know if I really like that. I would prefer it being a single color. JMO.

Trev1960

Newly Enlightened
Henry has stated that the two tone is due to the anodising having been done by different companies and is not the plan for the final light.

2dim

Enlightened
"The red-like switch/button, as seen on EDC prototype will be black on the production lights..."

Bummaire, I vas hoping for taupe...