Best luxeon UV led for an arc-ls

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Hello,

I would like to mod another arc-ls with a luxeon III UV led and I noticed that the sammich shoppe has two types the royal blue and the blue 3w which one is the UV? or should I look for the dental type luxeon? Can we buy dental lux 3 in onesies or twosies? where?

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are no UV luxeons. The closest is the Royal Blue, but that's around 450nm. UV starts at 400nm.

cgpeanut

Enlightened
ouch! $46.20 for a dental luxeon from future and @ 460nm I think I'm getting the royal blue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif thanks!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Royal blue is generally 444nm-450nm, and dental blue is generally 455nm-460nm - a slightly more greenish shade of blue.
"Regular" blue LEDs are those that emit in dominant wavelengths (where you would point to on a color chart) ranging from 465nm to 475nm. These are slightly greener yet than royal or dental blue LEDs - Lumileds or otherwise.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
The royal blue will cause some things to flouresce, but will not (in my rather limited testing) cause bodily fluids /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif to glow.

rb_items.thumb.jpg
[larger image]