How bright really is Luxeon Star, 18 or 30 lumen? Beam Shot?

ake

Newly Enlightened
As Lumiled re-rated thier white LS from 18 to 30 Lumen, how bright it really is? Most of the comparison shots are with other LED light.
Are there any comparison beam shots betteen the LS(w/optic) with other incadescent light somewhere?

Thanks,

Ake

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ake,

the current one is 18 lumens - its the LD (low dome) or batwing type - the new one at 30 lumens is the HD (high-dome) or lambertian design - expected avaiability for that one as well as the 5W / 120 lumens design which consists of 4 HD dies is July.

Klaus

Brock

Flashaholic
I don't have a LS to take a pic of, but the light output is very close to the Surefire E1, which is rated at 15 lumen. The regular LS has a wider beam so it appears slightly dimmer, but light output is very close.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a beamshot comparison I made against my garage door, about 20' away.

e1earclsgarage.jpg

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean:
Here is a beamshot comparison I made against my garage door, about 20' away.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for the photo, -can we assume the LS is powered with the 2-AA battery option?

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ake:
As Lumiled re-rated thier white LS from 18 to 30 Lumen, how bright it really is? Most of the comparison shots are with other LED light.
Are there any comparison beam shots betteen the LS(w/optic) with other incadescent light somewhere?

Thanks,

Ake
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course the 18 Lumen rating is when you only run them at 350mA. I'm running them at 500mA to 750mA!
shocked.gif

Wayne www.elektrolumens.com