#!#@$% Inova 24/7!!

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I'm going to the carwash yesterday (the same one where I had a real nice Smith and Wesson Rescue Knife snatched out of the center console of my truck the last time I was there). I thought, hey I'm gonna take my Inova 24/7 outta that console before it gets lifted too. So, I'm sitting there waiting for the truck, and I switch on the 24/7. Nothing happens. I've had it less than 8 months, and it had a fresh CR123 cell. And it's been sitting in the truck console since I got it, which is a very safe and comfortable place I reckon. Anyway, the only modes it will work it are red LED's on, and red and yellow LED's alternating. No white LED's will light at all.

Back in the cobwebs of my mind, I remember an old CPF post about other folk's similar 24/7 flakiness, and I take out the battery and leave it out for a good 3 minutes (be sure and do this only with the switch in the OFF position!). Now the light works as advertised, but it no longer has my vote for a last ditch light to take with me to the end-of-the-world anymore. Inova should call this the 8/3 and get some jeers for letting this kind of thing on the market (IMHO). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

cia

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm going to the carwash yesterday (the same one where I had a real nice Smith and Wesson Rescue Knife snatched out of the center console of my truck the last time I was there).

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't help you with the Inova, sorry.
But why in the world would you ever go back to that car wash?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the personnel at any carwash within 500 miles in any direction of my place here in LA are not above believing that they need things left in your vehicle more than you do. And, they don't hesitate (and feel perfectly justified) to relieve you of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

sslavers

Newly Enlightened
i had one where the amber leds would now work. it was one with the yellow body, and i sent it back to inova and asked them to return me one with od green body and they did!!! i was extremely pleased. just my 2cents

idleprocess

Flashaholic
If you were in Texas, I'd say that it failed precisely because you left it in your vehicle for so long. The Texas heat has killed more than a few things I've left in glove boxes and on dashboards.