L2 vs L4/McE2S

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Which one is better, L2 or L4/McE2S? L4/McE2S is $50 more but does it worth it?

What about the quality of the McE2S mod? I didn't like my Arc LSH-P Hi/Lo mod as it makes my LSH-P longer and awkward to use.

suppin

Newly Enlightened
CalgaryGuy, the newer L2s are said to be brighter than the L4s on high, however, they are about an inch longer than the L4. Personally, I'll go with the L4 + McE2S because the L4 body can host a number of Surefire parts and custom built bezels. The L2 is not as modular and versatile as the L4.

cia

Newly Enlightened
I love my L4/McE2S(15ohm)
Not sure on the L2, but in seeing a L1 and KL1 of a friends they are not a very white light.
My L4 is so very white. I can't see a hint of any color in it.

You can also stand the L4 on end with the McE2s and it has a nice lanyard hole, small things but it does make the L4 that much nicer.

cia

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
What about the quality of the McE2S mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

The quality is awesome, a work of art. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
L4/McE2S opens the door to the vast realm of E-Series modularity with endless possibilities and you can choose the level of your low-beam by choice of resistor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
bernhard

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Calgary Guy,

I don't know about the L2, but the L4/McE2s combination is first rate.

I run mine with Pila's and chose a brighter dim mode. I chose a 10 ohm resistor and ended up with 86 candela. This is dimmer than the ARC LSH-P, but quite a bit brighter than the ARC AAA and other key chain lights.

For a shorter light, put the KL4 on an E1e with the McE2s and run a rechargeable 123 from Jon Burly. I think this would be an awesome combination.

Tom