Eveready Classicals

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I suspect that you will need to go to India to buy one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Oh my heavens, the profile section says "Today the brand Eveready is synonymous with power, with a durable franchise that has spanned over a century. It's a name that has progressed with the country". I had thought that Eveready (i.e. Union Carbide) was still associated in India with some very unfortunate events that parts of the country are still suffering from.

Kirk

Enlightened
Nitroz,
I contacted Eveready Asia-Pacific http://www.energizer.com/company/officesasia.asp a while back and explained I collected vintage and antique flashlights and had quite a few Evereadys from the 1910s to the present. I asked if I could buy one of the 3 D cell brass lights. They said they would send me one as a sample. I got the nickel (chrome) one instead. I contacted them again and explained what happened. They sent me the brass one as a sample, too! Very nice people. Contact them and see what happens.
Regards,
Kirk

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Oh my heavens, the profile section says "Today the brand Eveready is synonymous with power, with a durable franchise that has spanned over a century. It's a name that has progressed with the country". I had thought that Eveready (i.e. Union Carbide) was still associated in India with some very unfortunate events that parts of the country are still suffering from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eveready isn't Union Carbide. Ralston Purina bought Eveready/Energizer from Union Carbide in 1984. In 2000, Ralston Purina spun Eveready off. Since then it's been an independent company, going by the name Energizer.

paulr

Flashaholic
Oh interesting. That shows how long it's been since I looked closely at an Eveready battery.