Oh yeah! SO17XA does it for my Longbow.

grnamin

Enlightened
Here I was content with my OD Longbow Micra with the regular optic, UCL and Luxeon III McCapsule when I read some posts about the SO17XA reflector from Flashlightlens.com. I ordered one last Friday and got it today. Yeah baby! This is the combination that really makes the Micra shine (pun intended). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Catman10

Enlightened
I've been thinking about doing the same, could you tell me more specifically what pros and cons you've had with the new setup?
Thanks

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a long bow, but I've used the IMS reflectors to replace NX05 optics in many, many lights. I don't think there are any draw backs to going with a reflector. The reflector is more efficient, has fewer (if any) artifacts in the beam, and is pleasing to the eye (LOL).

When comparing the two, it can be said that the overall beams are quite similar, but the beam from the reflector is just "cleaner."

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
I got my reflector, ucl combo from flashlightlens a couple weeks ago. The difference was day and night. I'll never put the optic back in this thing. If anything was lost in total throw, it more than made up for it in beam quaility and overall usefullness. (that little reflector has nice throw)
As Chop stated, the beam is very pleasing to the eye. Practicaly perfect.

I don't leave the house without it.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob,

It sure will. If you get your hands on the old style it will, anyway. I don't know about the new style. On the old style, you'll have to trim the skirt up a bit and use an o-ring to hold it in place, but it works really well. But then again, a properly trimmed mini mag reflector works just as well, if not better.

grnamin

Enlightened
One big noticeable difference between the stock optic and the reflector is that the former causes the beam to look squarish when bounced off a wall. The latter is nice and round.