• Roof Antenna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Basic Cable

• Full Analog Cable

• Digital Cable

• C-Band (The old fashioned 8' Diameter dishes)

• Primestar

• Direct TV

• Dish Network

• Total voters

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use both rabbit ears and a roof antenna. Pretty much that's what I grew up on. At least I don't have to pay any bills

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have a piece of wire sticking out the cable-in jack on my bedroom TV, and the metal top of a rat cage serving as the antenna on my living room TV. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
The place I'm moving to in 11 days or so has cable though.

d'mo

Enlightened
I usually record the few programs I enjoy (Simpsons, Enterprise etc.) onto my computer's hard drive, then watch them during lunch at work. That way, I don't have to worry about my 3 and 8 year old duaghters watching TVPG.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes I have it on with the sound off while I'm at the computer.

The only shows that I really watch are the CSI's, which are really shows about flashlights. The plots and stars are just devices to fill in between scenes with the flashlights.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
bindibadgi said:
I don't have a tv ...

[/ QUOTE ]bindi what do ya do in ox?i bey its a fun place to live with all the critters and what not and plenty of places to wander around .

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
You don't have a spot for via VCR./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

I rarely watch "live" TV (HATE COMMERCIALS!)./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Instead I tape the stuff I like NCIS, CSI(s), NYPD Blue etc./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

And my prime VCR skips the commercials /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

When the local channels are in freeview, I watch everything off DSS. The rest of the time local via rooftop.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I watch the free digital terrestrial channels on my laptop via a USB tuner. Picture quality is pretty impressive for something with no cables or a big dish.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey ragz. It can be fun at the arse end of the world, I live close to some mountains and a big nature reserve. Unfortunately I don't get too much time for camping and hiking, and now my fitness has been going down the sink.

But yeah, there are lots of critters, you just gotta watch them on the roads. Kangaroos are killed all too often, as they seem hell-bent on jumping out on the road in front of cars with no warning. They seem to dot the roadside all over town here. We don't get too many wombats on the road, but you have to watch them too. They are built like a rock, and they can flip the car if you hit them while turning.

I also have guinea pigs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There's a lot to do without a tv, but for the most part that would be the same the world over. I just started reading Lord of the Rings again (I read it at least twice a year).

Feel free to come and visit sometime though!

Sorry. You can all go back to talking about tv now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif