Photon clearance sale

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
No idea where to post this one though I thought about it. BST? Naah, I'm not selling anything. Dealers/Mfgs corner? But I'm not connected in any way with LRI other than as a customer. LEDs? More for technical discussion about LEDs. Mods please move as necessary and advise me as to how I should avoid more head scratching /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Photon sent me an email saying they are blowing out some inventory, mainly some camo colored Photon 2s and a lot of Photon 3s. There are not a whole lot left.

Figured I'd try a red one as I could use a signalling light, maybe tie it to the back of my bicycle helmet when riding at night. So many lights, so little money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

One thing I find about them is that they make excellent gifts even to the picky and never satisfied, girls and guys alike. I've never seen someone turn down a Photon... even though I usually give away the cheaper Photon 1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even at those discounted prices, the P3's are less than $5 below a full-priced Freedom and the Freedom comes with $5 in accessories that the P3 does not have. I'd still get the Freedom.

However, if you want a P2 or P3, this may be your last chance.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lurker said:
However, if you want a P2 or P3, this may be your last chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the P2's and P3's not longer going to be made? Thanks

-Mike

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
Are the P2's and P3's not longer going to be made? Thanks

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.. LRI didn't say anything in their email about discontinuing these. I'm quite sure they would tell everybody to stock up before they kill the product line.

The Photon 2's simplicity appeals to some. While I've never seen them being turned down as a gift, one recipient of a P3 told me she would prefer a simple latch switch (a la P2)....until I told her that fingernails were required to move the latch. Think she still has the P3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif guys don't worry so much about breaking a nail..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif maybe I should have told her that is precisely *WHY* I chose the P3 for her.. hmm, good idea. Will do that the next time.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not heard any official word on LRI discontinuing the P2 or P3, but if you look at their latest printed product brochures (sent with every order), the P3 is not mentioned as being part of their line-up. The Freedom seems to be a replacement for the P3 in terms of feature set and now they are closing out their stock?! It adds up to me. I don't know about the P2, but I would bet that the P3 is on the way out.

thatmguy

Newly Enlightened
A mid-west chain, Meijer, has P2's for $10 in white, nv-green, and red, maybe blue IIRC.

IMHO, better price.

YMMV

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I really like the Photon products, doesn't anyone but me think that even $17 is a lot of bucks for a Photon II, considering what it is?

-john