Arc LS* Serial Data...

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EchoSierraTwo

So what does this mean? 5/22/2003 LSHP 1096 RUBY Q3L.

The Q3L that is. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

CityHunter

Newly Enlightened
Sorry Gransee, I can't find my LSH-ST 123 in your data base list ??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
It's not important, but I noticed the inspector's name and date on the bag from my LSL-ST does not match the name and date on the list. Anyone else noticed this?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The data can be hard to read and it is incomplete. Especially for the LS series. We really didn't start to keep more detailed records by serial number until the Arc4.

As far as the apparent, "high domes and low domes", that is easy. As I said before, certain models started with new groups of serial numbers. So it is possible for a LSL, LSH and Arc4 to use the same number. Rather that add more digits to the side of casing, we used the model designator as a multiplier. This minimizes marking.

Each unit was hand made. Sometimes a unit would undergo rework. In some cases, the LED was pulled from the housing and a new one put in to improve color, etc. Rather than replace the old number, I wanted a chronological record of what happened to that housing.

In the cases where the difference between one calibration and another was just a digit or so, the unit was probably just double checked to be on the safe side. It would have then be recaliberated again even though it didn't need it. This is why the numbers would be so close together.

If anyone finds that their light is not in the database, I could add it for you. I would prefer a photo of the original production tag if you have it.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.