I hate credid card companies

matt_j

Enlightened
I used to be in debt 4 years ago. I really worked hard to pay it off and I was successful. My primary card I use now is Amex Green which I have to pay off at the end of the month. Great card that showed me how to be responsible and not get over my head. So... I keep few cards in my safe for family emergencies. And everyday I receive a letter from these cards with blank checks or pre filled checks made out to my name rangeing from $2800 to $9600. Some are even so bold they send me a check prefilled to my max credit which automatically puts me over my limit when finance charges are added and triggers "over the limit" fee. This is crazy.

Matt

M

MeridianTactical

I agree a lot of these CC companies are predators...

I get those all the time, in the shredder they go...

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on, interest is just rent for money. Many businesses are started on credit cards as source of capital.

I will agree, they seem to go overboard or suffer a lack of communication. I get plenty of applications although I already have 2 visa cards. Then I get those same checks for pre approved loans. That I think is a bit over the top.

What was fun was to get a new card and not activate it. Man, I got calls daily about it. I told them I will activate it if they can get me alower rate. No deal, so I did not activate it.