question for dealers and store owners

matt_j

Enlightened
Lets say you as a dealer buy 10 1gig compact flash cards for $200 each which is a normal price (retail is $250). Than you try to sell them but in 2 months manufacturer drops the price on them to $60 (retail is $80). What happens with your raimaing stock that you purchased for $200? Do you get money back or you are stuck with it? Also lets assume you are a dealer for a given manufacturer.

Just wondering...

Matt

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to work in retail (consoles). In a situation like this, some manufacturers will refund the difference in cost in the form of credit against your next order from them. Others will just say 'tough ****' and hang up on you. Nintendo liked doing that. A LOT.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually they eat it, or sell at the higher price or figure a nw price with new and old inventory.

I bought a computer piece by piece from a local mom and pop computer store. I was going to max out the ram, but they only had one stick left. Next week I was by for an unrelated reason and saw they had plenty at a cheaper rate. The owner seemed pissed that i discovered it. He went on and on explaining it. I told him I understood, but was going to max out my ram for my system when he built it, now I had to bring it back or do it myself.