Great service from Battery Station

Lightchain

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to many nice remarks at CPF about Battery Station, I sent them an order for a Trio last week at the CPF special rate. Kevin Falkner acknowledged the order promptly on Friday and on Monday the light had made the thousand miles or so to Louisiana and was in my letterbox. I couldn't hope for better service.

I like the light too. It fills in the middle-distance range between the old Infinity and Ultra from below, and the 1 Watt Nitestar which throws farther. I really like the momentary on capability of the Trio. Its 3 LEDs produce about as much light as my Chinese 9-LED 'bowling pin' light which uses a 123a. Although I am fond of the front-twist design CMG used, I think Gerber has done a very nice job with this light.

By the way, I saw the post about where to use up old 123a's. When my Nitestar can't throw far with them, I put them into the Chinese 'bowling pin.' They still give a bright light for a while there, and then fade over time to about half the output of an Infinity (not Ultra). But then it stays that way - I would guess a long time if you're patient enough to wait - you could read by it at night, but it is pretty dim.

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
I agree about the good service.

But that darn CPF Specials page has contibuted greatly to the lowering of my bank balance.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

JB

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have also had EXCELLENT dealings with Kevin/Batterystation.
(Pssst... I think he is also the primary force behind keeping Operation Enlightenment alive.)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
kevin is a aweume person to deal with,,also he does operation enlightment