Modded KL1 host????

dtsoll

Enlightened
CM is modding a KL1 for me and I am looking for a host. I have an E1e but want something different. I assume the Aleph 1x123 HA Nat plus Aleph tailcap is what I want. Got a couple questions about this stuff. Are these available from both McGizmo and the shoppe? Are the HA III annodized?? How does this tailcap work?? Is it a clicky or twisty?? Thanks for any help on this stuff, I prolly should follow stuff more closely!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug,

You definitely got a first class modder to do your KL1.

Just some food for thought. Since you already have the E1e, you might want to consider getting a two cell body for the KL1 too. You'll get good performance from running the KL1 on the single cell body, but running it on 2 or 3 cells will let the KL1 stretch its legs a little more and it'll make a good emergency light by virtue of the longer run time that you'll get.

Of course, all of this assumes that you don't already have a 2 or 3 cell body. If you do, it's just another example of what assuming something gets you.

On the other hand, the KL1 on the Aleph body looks bad a$$. This'll give you an idea of what it will look like, only I'd imagine that the single cell body will be shorter. LOL

Link

dtsoll

Enlightened
Thanks Tony,
Yeah, we are a lucky group to have folks like Cris doin mods for us, as well as yourself. I hear nothing but good about the stuff you do!! Tony, how does the aleph tailcap work? I am hopin it is a clicky. Am I correct about that? Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif oh yeah, I do have an E2e also, I want to be able to stick the aleph in my pocket with the mod!

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Aleph is a dual stage TWISTIE switch; the operation of which is similar to that of the L1. Press lightly for low beam and press harder for high beam, or twist for low beam and twist further for high beam.

Hey, you can't have everything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif