raggie will never eat jalepenos again

raggie33

*the raggedier*
OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i aite like 40 hot peppers l;ast night i feel bad this am lol but they was so good but it hurts this am lol

B@rt

Flashaholic
LOL raggie, I bet you will have them again though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
u right freind there so good .lol i melted chease on plate then put nachos in cheease and dumped peppers all over em sliced jalepenos yummy

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was kind of loaded in a Mexican restaurant one night and got involved in a hot pepper eating contest. I got a few down before it really hit me but then my mouth burnt so bad that I had to keep my tongue immersed in a glass of water for over an hour before the pain subsided. Amazingly though there were people there that gobbled down many of them, how they managed it, I have no idea.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hmm, sounds like my "flaming pizza"... I always regret it the day after... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Geep, you get used to them... Try sucking on a sugar cube next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

udaman

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:
Hmm, sounds like my "flaming pizza"... I always regret it the day after... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Geep, you get used to them... Try sucking on a sugar cube next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if it has anything to do with sugar, but if you have the miniature chocolate chips around handy with you, grab a handful and chew on them and swallow. What I think this does, something in the chocolate will bind with the heat part of the chili pepper, the active chemical capsaicin; and prevent it from getting worse. Some of the capsaicin has already bound to your pain receptors, so this is too late to do anything about it, but what capsaicin that is still in your mouth that has not bound with the pain receptors yet, will be taken care of by the chocolate.

Regretfulness can come much faster than "the day after" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, depends on the potency of the peppers you have eaten. For some real fun (best to know your friends very well before trying this, as it could cause major anger/resentment); put some of these bird peppers known as Chiltecpin, onto the pizza. These are the only known native peppers to North America before Columbus came to the Americas, all other peppers were introduced from other parts of the world. A very primitive pepper the bird pepper; as it is called because birds think they are a delicacy like a berry and eat them like crazy---birds are also quite primitive flying dinosaurs that are unaffected by the burning heat of peppers; has a primitive form of capsaicin that is much shorter in duration, say 5-10 minutes of greatest intensity, while typical burn from your average pepper will last at least 15 minutes.

Jalapeños are only rated at about 6,000 Scoville heat units. Commercial concentrate capsaicin used in mass produced hot sauces to dilute to uniform heat ranges, is what is typically used in self-defense pepper sprays. This concentrated liquid is 1.5 million Scoville heat units. Pure capsaicin is 15 million on the Scoville scale. The world record hottest pepper is a version of the habañero known as the 'Red Savina' at 500,000 Scoville units. Average habañero/Scotch Bonnet pepper is 300,000; while the Chiltecpin is 2nd hottest at 100,000. Unless you have built-up a tolerance, typically eating a fresh ripe habañero will have devastating (but harmless) effects, they are truly 'thermonuclear' in their power.

Click on pic for large close-up of Chiltecpin ('bird pepper')

1st effect of eating entire habañero (ribbed part of the inside that the seeds are connected to known as the placenta, is where the greatest amount of capsaicin is inside the pepper pod) is dreaded searing pain in the mouth, vapors which can seep up into the sinuses and even cause severe pain in the glands of your ear! (this has happened to me before, be warned!). Typically you will need a facial tissue for massive runny nose you will experience, your eyes will tear up, and most likely your forehead will start to perspire profusely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Hehe, that's only the 1st stage of torture.

Then the 2nd phase, when the eaten habañero capsaicin hits your stomach you will have massively painfully uncomfortable stomach aching. Nothing but the passing of time will help here with this stage, you have been warned!

3rd phase is umm, well perhaps we shouldn't go there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif; the, pun intended, 'end result' 3rd phase. You'll need to be near a toilet, because that final phase is a completely involuntary reaction you cannot stop! When that capsaicin hits the end of it's journey through your digestive system, your bowels will be saying "WTF did you eat!" and very, very quickly 'discharge/evacuate/eject with all due diligence' the offending substance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Then comes perhaps the most uncomfortable burning pain of all, at that most tender and sensitive exit point. hehe, 15+ more painful minutes on the way out! Kids, don't try this at home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info Udaman, I'm not sure about what neutralizes the capsaicin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif the sugar thing was thought to me by Indonesians. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
as for transpiration, I start sweating as soon as I smell something hot... I once had a dish in Thailand, and had to ask for a towell to wipe my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Great food though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Habañero's make great chili and if used correctly have a great flavor. You can even smoke fish with them on the grill and catch the heat and flavor. And yes, habañero's put a hurting on the hiney if overdone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use gloves when preparing peppers -- no sense in pushing fate.

Loose the seeds and any part of the pepper that isn't the same color as the part of the pepper you want to eat. Those parts have less flavor and more heat.

Finally, remember this -- you can run but you can't hide. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:
Thanks for the info Udaman, I'm not sure about what neutralizes the capsaicin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif the sugar thing was thought to me by Indonesians. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
as for transpiration, I start sweating as soon as I smell something hot... I once had a dish in Thailand, and had to ask for a towell to wipe my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Great food though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Thais have this tom yam soup, which is pretty good. The one I had was hot, really hot, but I figured, I can handle it, and I did. It wasn't too bad.

Of course people who asked me about it the next morning received a slightly different take on it.... "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!"

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The Thais have this tom yam soup, which is pretty good. The one I had was hot, really hot, but I figured, I can handle it, and I did. It wasn't too bad.

Of course people who asked me about it the next morning received a slightly different take on it.... "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda reminds you of the phrase, "It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken". Hot peppers are good colon cleaners.

chumley

Enlightened
Re: raggie will never eat jalepenos again

I think that you can gargle with hard liquor like vodka, and then spit it out. I heard that alcohol is a solvent because the heat is oil based. I tried that a couple of times with gin and it did help a bit.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

im not man enough to eat a haberno lol there so good in salsa though

coachbigdog

Enlightened

In my "young and stupid" days,I once drank 8oz of habenero sauce with 2 chopped fresh habernero peppers.Don't EVER do that.I could actually FEEL it "trace" thru my guts!And yes,I felt it at the "other end" in the morning! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
chumley said:
I think that you can gargle with hard liquor like vodka, and then spit it out. I heard that alcohol is a solvent because the heat is oil based. I tried that a couple of times with gin and it did help a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why eating chocolate helps...there's a lot of fat in chocolate and it helps wash away the pepper.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

lol for lunch i had em again lol and eating chips and salsa now

LukeK

Enlightened

Habanero peppers are absolutely insane. I made some hotsauce years back from various peppers, and the habanero was one of the kinds I chose. I cut a small piece off with a knife and threw it in. Holy crap.....

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have some spontanious combustion hot sauce
I use it it is hot but it is just heat-no real pain
it has good flavor too.

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
Markdi,

I can't imagine using something that strong in food but it's probably strong enough for home-made pepper spray.

All,

I can't believe there's a thread on CPF about sting-ring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif