LongBow 5W regulated LED capsule is HERE in Spore

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
LongBow 5W regulated LED capsule is HERE in Spore.

Its design for the ECO tube with 3 x 123 batt (9volts),
But I will be trying it tomorrow on a Mini Body with 2 x Rechargable 123 batt (around 9volt too).

Hopefully its as bright as a Surefire L4, L2 then I no need to waste money buying Surefire and I could also complete my LongBow collections.

Anyway according to LongBow they will be lauching alot of "Exciting Products" in 2005. (they refuse to release anynews) And they goes my money in year 2005

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
I had try it on a Micra Body (1x123 3Volts) and it just would not light up, I think 3Volt is way too low to even let the 5W led Glow.
I had also try on a Mini Body (2x123 6Volts)and the beam is weak, my 1W micra is brighter.

As I do not have an ECO tube today, so got to go back to the shop and try the 5W with the ECO tube.

To conlude the 5W capsule with not given its peak performance with any batts that is less than 6Volts

I will try 3x123 9Volts and 2xR123 around 9+Volts tomorrow and will get to you guy again.

Just for your info the 5W LED capsule is around US$76-80

albert

Enlightened
Why don't you try it on a Micra with 1xR123(4.2V)? Or on the Mini with 2xR123(8.4V)?

Since you mentioned Longbow, i assume you try it in their office. Get Leo to loan you his personal Micra with 1xR123 to test that 5W capsule.