• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired AAA-LS Brass lights, HA heads - Last few left!

d'mo

Enlightened
Many thanks to those who have ordered these lights. There are very few of these lights left. If you want one, best let me know soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I'm now making them to order with the few empty heads I have left.

I need the money and am now selling these at $50 for the heads, $65 for the complete brass lights (Add $5 for shipping outside the USA). My loss is your gain.

Once these are gone, I likely will not be making any more.

Back by popular demand..... with a few new surprises....

Clarification: These lights use Arc AAA and Peak housings, but the circuitry is custom made. They do not use any of the stock circuitry of either the Arc or Peak lights. They are mods only in the respect that I've used these wonderful housings as hosts.

Here's my latest batch of AAA powered Luxeon flashlights and heads. First of all, please allow me to apologize to those of you who asked to be informed before these were released. I had kept all of your e-mailed PMs, but they were lost during a routing purge of my employer's computer system.

Features:

-Zetex based boost circuit pushing about 260mA through the LED and drawing about 800mA from the battery.
-Well over an hour of light from an Alkaline cell.
-Works equally well on rechargeable AAA batteries.
-Hand made custom acrylic lens used to focus the maximum possible light forward.
-Waterproof construction.
-Built to fit second-generation Arc AAA and Peak AAA battery cases.

The Fine Print (just want to make sure all my cards are on the table so you know what to expect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) :

-The beam pattern is very square, magnifying the LED die with very little corona. The outer edge of the beam is a gold/brass colored ring. The LEDs used in these mods are white in color, but reflections from the brass give the beam a slightly yellowish/gold appearance. The Arc head mods also exhibit this as they use a plated brass spacer between the LED and lens.
-There may be fine scratches in the lens. This is part of the manufacturing process and does not affect beam quality.
-The lenses protrude a few millimeters from the bezel. Minor scratches should not affect beam quality.
-Because the lens is acrylic, minor scratches can easily be removed with polishing.
-The Arc AAA heads used were remnants from Arc's auctions and were "seconds." As such, there may be blemishes in anodizing. Color matching to any AAA body is not guaranteed. Sorry, I will not be able to offer returns for color mismatches. If you must have the anodizing color matched, please PM me for details.
-These lights do not have the glow-in-the dark tape as on previous models. Sorry, there wasn't room.
-Because the hand-made lenses were much more difficult to center than on the previous run, beam centering may not be perfect on the Arc AAA heads. This does not affect beam brightness or quality.
-Do not over tighten the head. The positive battery contact is resting directly on the inductor. Excessive pressure will crack the inductor.
-Use extreme care if attempting to reform the positive battery contact. The contact is connected directly to the boost chip and excessive heat will desolder the connection and render the flashlight inoperative.
-The inside of the flashlight is filled with heat sink grease and will be a royal mess if disassembled. Trust me on this one.
- If your head does not easily screw onto the body, the thread pitch may not be of an Arc AAA revision 2. If this happens, try another body. If you don't have one, PM me to make arrangements to have the head and body threads matched. Do not attempt to force the head as it may become stuck. Regretfully, I am unable to accept returns with damaged HA.
-As the battery dies, the light may flicker. This is an indication it's time for a new battery. Flickering may also occur if the positive battery contact becomes dirty or provides a loose connection. If this happens, simply clean the contact with a pencil eraser.
-Avoid using this light in the presence of super glue and model glue as outgassing will fog the lens.
-These lights are completely hand made and each one is unique. They are being sold without warranty, but if you have a problem with your light, let me know and I'll do all I can to make it right.

Now, the pictures. Beam shots are about 3 feet from a white wall.

Brass AAA-LS Lights
Brass.JPG

Arc AAA-LS Lights.
Black.JPG

Arc AAA-LS mod heads. (O-rings will be included with shipped product.)
Heads.JPG

Beam comparison: Left-Arc AAA, Right Brass AAA-LS mod.
ArcAAvLSmod.JPG

Beam comparison: Left-Arc AAA, Center-Brass AAA-LS mod, Right-VIP on low.
ArcLsVip.JPG

Beam Comparison: Left-Arc LS mod high dome and reflector, Right-Brass AAA-LS mod
ArsLSvLSmod.JPG

Here's the good part; These are not "preorder" items. They are done and ready for immediate shipment. I can accept non-credit card PayPal or Money orders. PM me for availability and my PayPal address. Shipping will be through USPS priority. Continental US buyers can expect delivery in 3 to 4 days, about a week for everyplace else. International orders will be shipped USPS Global Priority where available. In your PM, please indicate what would like, your method of payment, name, and screen name.

Hurry please. I need the money to pay my school taxes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: BRASS AAA-Luxeon & Arc AAA-LS mods

[ QUOTE ]
d'mo said:
-Zetex based boost circuit pushing about 260mA through the LED and drawing about 650mA from the battery

[/ QUOTE ]

This is remarkably good performance for a Zetex based circuit with low input voltage. What was the actual Vin and Vf under which these currents were measured?

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take a complete black Arc mod @$80.00 please.
PM sent.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

d'mo

Enlightened

LazerBurnz and Fitz - PMs sent

Doug S - I didn't check. I'll see if I can run some tests...

gp01

Newly Enlightened

I will take a HA Head.

paulr

Flashaholic

Who's doing the electronics?

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

d'mo,
Any problem with running these off of the new Energizer L92 Lithium AAA's?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Here is one of d'mo's LS heads on one of jets22's "N" bodies!

arc-aaa-lsn.jpg

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would like a complete black LS modded one.
PM on the way.

mut

paulr

Flashaholic

D'mo, thanks, I'm a little worried about the inductor cracking issue. Is the circuit potted, i.e. is there any way to repair it if something happens?

Also, have you made any without the acrylic ball? What's the beam like without it?

2dim

Enlightened

D'mo, be sure to let us know if you plan on visiting Toronto, eh?

d'mo

Enlightened

Fitz - Lithium AAAs should work fine and be spendidly bright, but I admit, I have not had time to test them yet. After all this is over, I'll be ordering a batch of lithiums myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Roy - Cool Pic! Thanks!

Mut - PM sent - you're on the list.

Paulr - No "normal" amount of pressure is going to crack the inductor. Only if someone took a pair of pliers to the head to force it onto an Arc AAA rev 1 body. The head is potted, but it can be disassembled with a lot of patience. In most cases, removal of the lens would be necessary to remove the electronics without damage. This would certainly destroy the lens.

As stated, I'll do all I can to make something any problems right. I can't offer a warranty like a company can, but I'll do everything in my power to offer repairs or replacments should anyone have any problems. I simply stated the possbilities that could happen if someone were to go a little crazy.

My original LS mods had no lens. They had a very smooth, even beam with almost no hot spot. Even after making them with the lens, I had a CPFed ask me to make a custom light without one. Without the lens, they don't throw as well as a 5mm LED, but if you want a smooth flood beam, maybe this is more your cup of tea.

2dim - See what you Toronto guys missed by having your get-together on Sunday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I'll probably be making a trip to your area within a month or two.

ledy

Newly Enlightened

d'mo, get me the Complete Black HA. I'll figure out how to transfer CC paypal via KSBMAN.

d'mo

Enlightened

Ledy, the last complete unit is yours..

All, time for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

So will this head work in my Arc AAA body it was the latest version with the writing still around the head? If so I would like one.

Thanks
JT

marcspar

Enlightened

Paypal sent for my complete brass light and arc aa head.

Thank you, David.

All the best,

Marc

Latest posts