Just got my LS from POcketlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
Well, it was surprises all around from Pocketlights.com today. The LSH's turned out to be LSL's, but what I didn't know was that they were also LSL-P's! I ended up with LSL-P #264 tested on 4/16/03 by either RT or KT. I was a little disappointed by the light, but there's a big difference bwteen using it in a dark room and outside in the dark in real situations, so we'll see what I think after using it a bit (light use, hopefully). My intial thought was "gee, this is no brighter than my AAA" but comparing the two side by side made that clearly a mistaken thought.

The red AAA is really blobby, but maybe that goes with the territory for colored LED's. The black body is cool.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, I just got a red AAA as well today. Pretty nice little light but the beam aint too good. I can live with it obviously though. But anyone know if red AAAs have a tendacy to have the chip problem too? It doesnt to it, just wondering. I dont even know if its that old.
Cameron

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
Just got my AAA from them a few minutes ago. I've never seen the model with just "ARC" inscribed on them, nothing else. Also, it was checked Sept. 16 2004...pretty cool.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
One question, were yours still NIB, New in Box or were they just in a plastic envelope with pakage penuts? Thats how mine came :/ Then it has a weird gasket rather than ORing, yours?
Thanks
Cameron

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was a gasket... It doesnt seem to look or feel waterproof. Feels kinda...loose, unlike my other AAA. You know the AAA is sealed when it has tension to tighten it. You know?
Cameron

TimB

Newly Enlightened
I received a red AAA today from Pocketlights.com, and mine has an O-ring.

-Tim

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
Mine was New in package, but the thing I was wondering was the inscription on the light just said "ARC" and nothing else. My others say "aaa LED Arc Flashlight" around the tube. Is this the latest run after the printing horizontally on the side?

THANKS!

DaGunn

Newly Enlightened
Most likely so, I received my AAA+P and all it reads on the bezel is "ARC-P". This was a direct order from the now-defunct Arc Flashlights, LLC.

HTH
Dave

MrMom

Enlightened
In retrospect, I am now quite pleased that I received older stock including one with the flat gasket instead of the o-ring. They are collectors now. See my Dec 03 post regarding version history and the reply.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nightgaunt said:
Mine was New in package, but the thing I was wondering was the inscription on the light just said "ARC" and nothing else. My others say "aaa LED Arc Flashlight" around the tube. Is this the latest run after the printing horizontally on the side?

THANKS!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah my white one from pocketlights just says ARC and the anodizing is nice and dark and pretty even! i think just the "ARC" is cool and maybe kinda rare, mine was checked Sept. 16, 2004

maybe peter knew ahead of time the company was going under and he was just in a hurry to get these last ones out, therefore the abbreviated branding around the head??????????

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
MIne says "Arc Flashlight AAA" or whatever around the end of the body. I got a white LED AAA from England of all places a couple months ago and it just says "Arc" on it. According to the folks at Pocketlights these AAA's came without packaging or clips because that's the way they got them from their distributor. Mine has a thick grey gasket for sure. Didn't check for an o-ring and that's at my office right now. It turns VERY hard, so I think it needs some grease, too. Cool light. Some other people who ordered from that last batch got Orange LED's and blue ones, too, so I guess there was a bit of a mixup, but no one sounds like they're complaining!

AK

Newly Enlightened
I got my LSL from PocketLights yesterday. Like DharmaBum, I was pleasantly surprised to receive an LSL-P! (Originally ordered an LSH-S, but received an e-mail from PocetLights stating that their stock were all LSLs. I asked them to go ahead and ship what they had, thinking I would receive an LSL-S). My unit is very nice and bright, and I really like the flood beam from the low-dome luxon. For what I use a small EDC light for (walking, close-up work) the flood is ideal. In fact, I almost prefer the low-dome flood as compared to the high-dome luxons in my collection. Cheers to PocketLights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
Okay, just got back and checked my red AAA. Here's what I found:

1) Body: exactly the same as my white AAA with natural anodization, except it's black. My white AAA says ARC around the end of the body and the red says L.E.D."AAA"-Arc Flashlight, LLC

2) Innards: the inside of the white AAA has a bronze/goldish color that I assume is that stuff that they coat it in to protect it a bit from busted batteries. The red LED AAA doesn't have this coating and is natural aluminum inside.

3) Head" the head on the red LED is a bit longer than the one on my white AAA. Has one or two more threads on it, so it also protrudes a little more out of the body. Mine has a really thick grey gasket/foam piece and a thicker rubber o-ring than the white AAA. I think the thick o-ring is why it turns so hard, and it hasn't been greased yet, so I'll have to pick up some silicon grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts