Suggest an LED light for me.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey all,

I have decided to get the Princeton Surge for big light work and I may have to get one of the Underwater Kinetics light to have around as well.
What I need now is an LED (I think). I will be using it almost exclusively on night fishing trips on the boat. With the kids on the boat at night you can imagine that a light gets banged around and dropped a bit so it must withstand that abuse. There is not much chance of it being fully submerged but there may be occasions where it may get wet. The only other thing is that it may also be used to find my way back to the truck and/or campsite and general maintenence while launching or trailering the boat at night.
The only one that I have read about so far is the Lightwave 3000.
So what do you all think? I need to get something before next week so let me know what to get.
I cannot believe that I am actually starting to accumulate flashlights....

Nala

Brock

Flashaholic
I would suggest an Arc AAA on a neck lanyard, or a lightwave 2000 of you want something brighter. The advantage of the Arc is you can hold it in your teeth while working, and you always know where it will be.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would agree with Brock on the ARC AAA, but then the Tec40 & a LED light from John B. Get the 4.5V 3 or 4 LED. You can run it with either bulb on rechargables or akalines, with or without a dummy cell. TX

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with the PrincetonTec Attitude. Runs on 4 AAA's, has 3 LED's. It provides a nice mix of small size and a decent amount of light. Single LED lights just aren't bright enough for many outdoor applications.

product_attitude_sm.jpg

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
For night fishing, you might want to consider a Photon Fusion headlamp. I recently used it on a night fishing trip and it really worked out well for me.

Please see the review that I posted on this forum yesterday evening. It is titled: 'Photon Fusion Practical Application Review'

Photon Fusion Practical Application Review

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RonM:
I'd go with the PrincetonTec Attitude. Runs on 4 AAA's, has 3 LED's. It provides a nice mix of small size and a decent amount of light. Single LED lights just aren't bright enough for many outdoor applications.

product_attitude_sm.jpg
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The P/T attitude is about 17.75 and is very light weight, 2.5 ounces, and takes 4 aaa batteries. It might float too!

Hey, for fishing, check out these lights!

uw3000.jpg

(Saw this one at Wal-mart yesterday (5-23-02)
uw300g.jpg

They got a bunch here!
http://www.optronicsinc.com/fishing.htm

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eternalight Marine would be nice. Good light, SOS code built in, & it floats with lithiums. TX