cronology question

Status
Not open for further replies.

knifebright

Enlightened
Hey guys I checked the faq but I still couldn't find an answer to my question. I have two aaa's both have the writing down the body. Which came first the body writting or the writing around the head. Also on each body the writing is in a different direction. One had has to face left the other right to read the writing. WHat does it all mean???
thanks for your help to some petty nonsense
jimmy

E

EchoSierraTwo

One could be a knock of maybe? as per a comment Peter made, I am under the impression that there are some floating around.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the order:

1. Black body, full text around the lip of the battery compartment
2. HA body, full text around the lip of the battery compartment
3. HA body, full text sideways on battery compartment
4. HA body, partial text on lip of battery compartment

Peter

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only those prior to v2.5 were type-2 anodise. There were quite a few done in black hard-anodise but they switched to natural after then, I believe with Version 3 and onwards. What were originally known as "Limited Edition" were the originals done in natural, and ran side by side with the black-HA ones.

It can be hard to tell sometimes whether a black AAA is type 2 or type 3/HA. Typically the older type 2s are jet-black and quite shiny around the un-knurled portions. The hard-anodised ones have a more "charcoal black" appearence, and more of a matte finish. Type 2 wears more too of course.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc was using black HA for AAA's from version 2.5 up to at least version 3.1, says the CPF'er with a black version 3.1 in his pocket.
Hope this helps,
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.