"Arc aaa" or Peak Led Solutions 7 led (Poll)

Choose a graemlin

• Arc aaa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peak led 7 led (1 CR123)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

External

Newly Enlightened
\"Arc aaa\" or Peak Led Solutions 7 led (Poll)

Which one is a better keychain light?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Re: \"Arc aaa\" or Peak Led Solutions 7 led (Poll)

I've never even seen a Peak.

So I voted ARC.

>fondles the AAA hanging from Paracord around his neck<

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello External,

The size of the 7 LED Peak is too big for a key chain for most people.

Now if you had asked about the 3 LED AAA Peak, that would have been different.

Tom

h_nu

Enlightened

My Arc is Turquoise but I also have the 3 LED AAA Peak. I like the Arc better (even though I really wanted white). The Peak is OK if you haven't handled the Arc. I prefer the smaller size for pocket carry.

idleprocess

Flashaholic

I don't know that Peak makes anything that's as small as the Arc AAA.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast

i never had any luck with the Arc AAA. Mine always had a problem. Though I had an Arc 4+ and several Arc LS that all worked fine.

The Arc AAA and Peak three LED are too big for my keychain. I use a Photon for that.

h_nu

Enlightened

Re "I don't know that Peak makes anything that's as small as the Arc AAA", I don't think so either. Even the N cell seems large next to the Arc. So I'm still looking for a white EDC.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

Neither,
Get something like an Ultra Infinity or an Ultra-G (the same I know). It's a little bigger, but longer run time, easy to get, cheap AA alkalines, durable, life time warranty.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

I always carry a wad of keys so I put a green ultra infinity on. Took it apart and polished the reflector. I haven't even worn out 1 AA yet and its been USED a bunch at work. Not real bright but if you hold it close, it works for me. I just ordered one of those 7 LED brass Peaks so we will see. I am going to get the Mag solitaire AAA now that Arc went away- bummer. Comparison time is coming up.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast

For me, even a 1AAA is too big for a keychain light, never mind a CR123. I just carry them loose in the pocket. Nothing beats the quality of the are AAA, but if you need a little more oomph get the Peak AAA 3LED. Yes, it is bigger, but I haven't found it to be noticable. I think I would notice the Peak 7LED though.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will vote for a Peak, I have not seen Ex. Arc LLC AAA

Considering Price of Ex. Arc LLC AAA (PE) & Peak, Costing (relatively) Similar...
Considering BRIGHTNESS (refer to Quickbeams Charts) Peak 7 LED CR123 Mc-Kinley will SURELY Out Do the Ex. Arc LLC AAA (PE), so whats the use of Ex. Arc LLC AAA (PE)... except for Ex. Arc LLC AAA (PE) being smaller and runs little longer (what 6 - 8 Hours). I would prefer Peak's Light, it runs about 4-6 Hours too... Agreed that it is slightly bigger but then... its STILL OK !!!... U are getting MUCH more LIGHT & BRIGHT....

EDIT: For Keychain Light, I would prefer Photon Freedom or Photon III they may not be bullet proof but then who would be taking bullets on their pants? Who will shoot you *there* and probably Miss it and land the bullet Right on your EDC Ex. Arc LLC AAA (PE)? .... lol.... Ex. Arc LLC AAA (PE) may be bullet proof & Submersible but i feel just being water resistant is enough apart from being little tough (to handle Keys & *key-strokes*)

Thanks & Regards,
ViReN

Latest posts