MiniPro III vs XM-3

oldtimer

Enlightened
$55 vs $40
25 Lumens vs 70 Lumens
Both 2 hours of run time

What's so good about the MiniPro III besides the form factor?

oldtimer

Enlightened
Theoretically. But even if it is at least 50, it would double the output of the MiniPro III. I need a justification for keeping my order (besides the fact that the dealer hasn't updated the thread).

oldtimer

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said:
Errr, the mini can run off 1xAA

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get it machined. Which would bring costs up to ~$80. Brightness is reduced to ~10 Lumens.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't know anything at this time that makes me think the XM3 will be any brighter or dimmer than my Lambda pill (which is QUITE nice!!!).

My money order pre-order stands anyway!

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mini*Mag is lighter. I like twirling the MiniPro in my hand.

Min*Mag with batteries, 3.8 oz.
XM-3 with batteries, 7 oz.

Easy to replace Mag body using either the Mag warranty or go to your nearest drugstore for a new, inexpensive, body. So I suppose on a whim you could change the color of the body of the light whenever you want to in a minute.

The "wow!" factor of the Min*Mag with a bright light, round and powerful throwing beam still works everytime at work. It still "wows" me. So the Min*Mag is a light that surprises people. The XM-3 looks serious and I don't think the beam "wow" factor works as well for it.

I have the MiniPro in my hand (OK, it is not in my hand when I type) and I'm still waiting for my XM-3. That has to be an advantage.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
b2p: For you, EL's XM-3 sounds like what you want. Giving up your place on the list will be appreciated by all those behind you.

He's been away from the forum for a few days on much more urgent business than updating the waiting list for the MiniPro and coddling impatient maybe/maybe-not customers.

Latest posts