JeanieLite?

Netpatrol

Newly Enlightened
I think the idea is to fill in your own price, paying what you think the light is worth. Kind of like that one restaurant. Or maybe they're free if you say you're a Kerry supporter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The 1-watt Gallium Nitride Light Emitting Diode (LED) is mounted on a custom electronic circuit board and can not be replaced."

Great for toddlers. Modifies vision reception... a fun toy and tastes good too. Inside every Jeannielite there is a nice treat for the kids roughly the diameter of their airway.

Is it ironic that the inventions Mr. Hutchins is credited with under the trade name CPR Prompt ® are for CPR equipment as seen here?

Well, maybe I should dial down the cynical side just a bit. Most likely the photos were just a minor error in judgement (cute kid). It does look like a nifty little light. Our modders might like to regulate it with a 3W. If he's really turning these in a shop his Dad started in 1940 he might be a very cool guy. Maybe he would like to join us?

I'll send Don Hutchins an email with a link to this thread.

Robban

Enlightened
At the bottom of the order form it clearly says:
"Call 1-888-299-0107 for price listing"

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. I sent Don Hutchins a friendly note to check out this thread and CPF in general. I stipulated I was not an admin, mod, Modder, or builder.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
bhds -

Thank you for bringing this to the forums.

Gentlemen,

Mr. Hutchins has responded to my email.

He is the real deal.

I just got off the phone with him.

The JeannieLight is exactly what the website says it is. He is a manufacturer of parts for not only CPR units but aircraft parts and a plethora of other tolerence critical parts. He in fact did know Jeannie.

Jeannie's early exit from our world was his inspiration to build this light. He thought that an escape light that people would sit on their desks would be a lifesaving thing. He wanted something that would not be a flashlight but an escapelight for those stuck in high-rise buildings or busy venues during emergency situations.

He wanted this escape light to be able to sit for years on a desk or carried in a purse for years and be readily available for lighting the way for escape.

He seems to care not a dime about making a penny on it. He doesn't really want to partake in forum discussions about it. At some point, he says, you just have to stop looking at new technology and just build it. My impression is that his company is successful as it stands. He is passionate about the JeannieLight for the spirit of its' intention, emergency use only. He is now involved in conversations with a few companies that could produce it and deliver it to those who need it.

So, he is not in the business of selling flashlights to individuals. With the time and expense of development, trying to pick a price point is not something he seems to want to consider. But he is trying to get this light out to those in need.

His light is brass, electro-nickle plated and has circuitry that keeps temps down. I told him many of us would be interested in his light but he reiterated that he really doesn't want to market this light to individuals.

Also, I told Mr. Hutchins I would be reporting back to this forum. He indicated he would not mind inquiries.

He's a jewel of a man and the conversation was the best I've had in quite some time.

So, there is the skinny on the JeannieLight. I still have chills...the good kind.

E

EchoSierraTwo

I already dont like it. They have a Kerry Light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

E

EchoSierraTwo

Sounds ripe for a group buy tho, no? Lets put a feeler out.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it me or is that beam green? Is Gallium Nitride a greenie for cutting thru' smoke? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

sylvestor

Newly Enlightened
Hi Icebreak,

Thanks for checking into this light for us.

I too might be interested on a group by. Can you provide some info on length, width, lumens, runtime and price ? Is the light regulated ?

What is the difference between a regular 1 Watt luxeon and a 1 Watt Gallium Nitrate ?

thanks,

sylvestor.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:
Is it me or is that beam green? Is Gallium Nitride a greenie for cutting thru' smoke? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
The ad copy does say it has a "teal" LED - which would equate to "blue-green". Probably around 505nm.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
sylvestor said:
What is the difference between a regular 1 Watt luxeon and a 1 Watt Gallium Nitrate ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Gallium nitride is the material the LED die (light-emitting region) is formulated with.
Virtually all LEDs in true green, blue-green, blue, violet, UV, and white have gallium nitride dice. This would include Luxeons, "UFO LEDs", 3mm, 5mm, 8mm, 10mm LEDs, and SMD LEDs.
One type of white and one type of blue LED has a die formulated from zinc selenide, but the rest are gallium nitride.