L2 or L4?

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any one have both of these?
Which do you prefer, and why?
Are there any rechargeable options for the L2?
I currently have an L4 but I am considering the L2 because of the increased brightness. Is this more focused, or a larger flood?
Any info appreciated.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have L2s. I love them. Low mode (15 lumens) is plenty bright for over 95% of my tasks, and it lasts about 7 hours regulated in low mode. High mode (100 lumens) lasts 30 minutes.....but again low mode can be used most of the time.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have both. I prefer the L2. It's more useful. Using the low output really increases the battery runtime. I prefer the two-stage switch. I don't have to lock it out like I have to with the clickies. This means it's faster which is important for me.

Al

marcspar

Enlightened
Get the L4 with McGizmo's two-level cap - the same utility as the L2 in a smaller package.....

Marc

redcar

Enlightened
I have both. I like the L4 for going out on the town carry because of size. I like the L2 for general use, or when I know I'll need a light. I find the low mode on the L2 pretty much takes care of everything.

cia

Newly Enlightened
Check out the McE2S Two Stage Switch Review
I went with the 15 ohm on and love it.

What about the color of light between the L2 and L4?
My L4 is so white, but all I have to compare it to is a friends L1 and KL1.

cia

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said:
L2 runs fully regulated in low. The L4 + the resistored switch doesnt

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, how's that?
Even when the L4 is being used in low with the tail cap resistor the electronics in the L4 head are still being used to regulated it, right?

With my 15 ohm switch I have left my L4 on low for two nights, about 7 hours each night.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought that the L4 would drop out of regulation first in Low mode because the light would think the batteries are dead.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the L4 is not regulated on low mode, due to the reason which garageboy correctly stated...however the discharge curve is flat enough to make it un-noticeable for the most part. the A2 LEDs are unregulated as well, but i've never really noticed them dimming with use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
So is the L2 considered more flood, or more spot?
Is 30 minutes on high an accurate runtime?

TonyBPD

Enlightened
For starters I have not been following the L2 too closely. Can the L2 head be removed and used on an E series body? Or does it have different threads than a KL4? Thanks

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes, the L2's bezel can be removed.
Yes, the L2's bezel can be screwed onto an E Series body.
No, the L2's bezel should not be used on an E Series body.
The L2 Bezel is designed and intended to be used on the L2 body.

The KL4 does not fit on the L2 body. The positive contact assembly on the KL4's bezel does not allow it to be screwed down all the way onto the L2 body.

Al