inova X5 Problem?

junior

Enlightened
Hello everyone,
I recently purcahsed an inova x5 and was not pleased. I noticed that the momentary switch was real difficult to press and activate (compared to a surefire) and was not comfortable with that.

I returned the light. Are all inova's like that? Or am i just spoiled with surefires?

What say you?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The switch on my Inova X1 is kind of tough to push too. I think it's basically the same as the X5. If I just screw it down to "almost on" the switch works with very little pressure.

greenLED

Flashaholic
The switch "feels" different depending on how much the tailcap is screwed into the light. The more you tighten the tailcap, the quirkier the switch feels in mine.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch on the new Inova T1 is light years better IMHO than the old X5 or X5T switch. I like to click mine on, and then unscrew the switch just until the light goes out. Perfect temporary on-off then if you like to use the "cigar" hold.

junior

Enlightened
Your replys answered my questions. I think the inova light is a nice light for the price, but feel they cut corners on the tail cap to keep the cost down.

I am just used to the tailcaps on SF lights. I do also use my lights in the cigar carry way with my off hand and my other hand is my Glock.....

I am going to try the SL Luxeon Jr.

Hey sotto, I am from Los Angels....not to far from you.