The new location of the Arc flashlights forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greta

Flashaholic
The Arc Flashlight forum has been moved from the Dealer/Manufacturer category on CPF to the General Flashlight category. The name of the forum has been changed subtly but changed none-the-less to Arc flashlights.

After some discussion with a few other CPF members, it was decided that this is what is right for CPF. A very contained database of information pertaining to the Arc flashlights already exists. It would be ludicrous to now break it up and scatter it to the four winds. Yes, even I see how senseless that would be.

In addition, I recognize that there are still Arc flashlights out there and the members of CPF will want to discuss them and get answers on them and even mod them. Again, it would be senseless to have this information scattered all over CPF.

I would like to make it clear that this forum is now for the discussion of Arc flashlights. Please take note that the word "flashlights" is not capitalized. Which means that this forum is not for the discussion of Arc Flashlights LLC, the company, as that company no longer exists. This forum is simply for the discussion of Arc products.

I also recognize that Arc Flashlights LLC has contributed greatly to the flashlight industry and the products of this company will always represent ground-breaking technology in the world of handheld LEDs. For this reason, I feel that the continued discussions of these lights is pertinent to the future of LED lights, as well as what CPF stands for after all.

At this time, there are no assigned moderators of this forum. The CPF administrators will be taking on the task until such time as we decide on a moderator. Please understand that the forum will no doubt be fairly heavily moderated by them at first until everything settles down. I'm sure you all realize that they won't have to do any moderating at all as long as you all stay within the boundaries of discussions about Arc flashlights and not drift off into the area of Arc Flashlights LLC. The company no longer exists. Therefore there is no longer anything to discuss.

Thank you all for the support and advice that you have offered me over the past week. It has indeed been a rough week for all of us. In the end, what is right and best for CPF must be the number one priority.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ya rock sasha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to be the first to thank you for all of the work you have done in keeping this under control and making all of the hard decisions.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks Sasha. this is one of the wiser decision, indeed. So no one can start to bashing cpf admins for what they done. this is like a perfect compromise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Sasha,

I agree, thats a very good way of going about it.
I wasnt too happy about talk of the forum being closed, talking about Arc lights in other sections gets too scattered.
This keeps this wealth of information all together.
It also allows us to more easily help out others with questions, concerns, and help with repairs/mods.

-John

2dim

Enlightened
Good decision, Sasha. Thank you for remaining calm and objective throughout. May I suggest Cy as a moderator, given his extensive collection and knowledge of Arc products?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif Sasha!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

AK

Newly Enlightened
Good decision Sasha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I second the suggestion of Cy as a moderator.

Greta

Flashaholic
Please let's not discuss moderators at this time. A decision will be made at a later date... it's highly possible that a moderator will not even be needed and the administrators will be able to take care of things. Time will tell.

Thanks for your support guys... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif Sasha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
To be honest, I would have preferred a lock.
Would have been cleaner and less of a disturbance for the structural integrity of the forum / main index layout.

But if everyone else is happy, so shall I be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.