Who's looking forward to HDS Systems upcoming LEDs

LedOrDie

Newly Enlightened
Who\'s looking forward to HDS Systems upcoming LEDs

Who is looking forward to HDS Systems upcoming LEDs? Those are *perfect* EDC flamethrowers. Really pumped. I think I'm going for the Extreme model that puts out **60 lumens (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)**. WOW!

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Who\'s looking forward to HDS Systems upcoming LEDs

I am waiting to see and hear more about the action light III. I may pic up an EDC Ultimate if they are reviewed well after being released.

Curtis

X33

Enlightened

Yes. I'm looking forward to some user reports to end this endless speculation.

2dim

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
LedOrDie said:
Who is looking forward to HDS Systems upcoming LEDs? Those are *perfect* EDC flamethrowers. Really pumped. I think I'm going for the Extreme model that puts out **60 lumens (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)**. WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the Ultimate is guaranteed a minimum output of 60 lumens. That's the one I'm lokking at, too. Please see Group Buy thread under B/S/T if you're interested and PM me.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
2dim said:
Only the Ultimate is guaranteed a minimum output of 60 lumens.

[/ QUOTE ]

60 lumens on one 123 will have a pretty short burn unless Henry has come up with break-through circuitry, not to mention an Unobtanium Luxeon.

Brightnorm

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Who\'s looking forward to HDS Systems upcoming

I don't see it as impossible if you don't care about runtime. A Surefire P61 puts out about 120 lumens on two 123's, so 60 lumens on one 123 fits right in.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yo in for two. i getting a basic then a ultimate. ledordie, you stole my "flamethrower" description of the ulti from the other thread! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I am gonna call or e-mail henry to see if it's a longer wait to get a ulti as apposed to a basic. If not i may change my order. VDG

2dim

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
voodoogreg said:
Yo in for two. i getting a basic then a ultimate. ledordie, you stole my "flamethrower" description of the ulti from the other thread! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I am gonna call or e-mail henry to see if it's a longer wait to get a ulti as apposed to a basic. If not i may change my order. VDG

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not join our possible Group Buy? See B/S/T section if interested.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

ok, I didn't even know. cool.VDG

raggie33

*the raggedier*

im not mr bulk or mcgizmo is a lot better.trust me order a light friom either one of em and ya wull be happy

pizzajoe62

Newly Enlightened

cornkid...
CONFUCIOUS SAYS: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

E

EchoSierraTwo

May very well be but the light is still in production. I want one after the initial reviews come out. its the same dude that did the Arc4+ while a very poular light from a very poular company. it was released a bit too early. Sortaa reminds me of the Apple MessagePad fiasco.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think a price of $120.00 for the 40 Lumen "Basic" model sounds good.

I think it's going to be popular once it's out and if there are no bugs requiring quick revisions and shipping back and forth for warranty work.

I prefer the tailcap McGizmo designed and I first saw last spring to the similar one that HDS is showing on its website. But that's just personal taste. Many want the sleeker tailcap of the HDS.

He cut a diaphragm out of the silicone headstrap of dive mask and replaced the switch boot with it. The membrane is clear so you can see the the actual switch through it.

McGizmo's Arc4 Tailcap

McGizmo Arc4 Tailcap with membrane switch:
standard.jpg

HDS Basic:
standard.jpg

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Basic looks awesome at only $120. The Arc 4 was $180, had less lumens, and had a ton of menu functions that I never used anyway. For $120, one can have a simpler EDC (than the Arc 4) that is 10 lumens brighter. I'd gladly pay $120 for the Basic.

The Ultimate is a little tougher....$195 places it higher than the Arc 4. However, it also has twice the lumens and a Lux 3 (better heaksinking than a Lux 1). I suppose I can live with the menus options for the extra 20 lumens of output (over the Basic).

The Extreme I have no use for. Paying $40 extra for a bunch of useless options functions and no extra lumens is NOT my idea of a good buy.

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
[ QUOTE ]
2dim said:
Only the Ultimate is guaranteed a minimum output of 60 lumens.

[/ QUOTE ]

60 lumens on one 123 will have a pretty short burn unless Henry has come up with break-through circuitry, not to mention an Unobtanium Luxeon.

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

There is definitely considerable room for improvement in the efficiency of the converter Brightnorm. Going for Level 1, a person really could maintain the current runtime, and get twice the output. Additionally, if a person could get their hands on the better emitters in volume, you could both double the brightness and increase the runtime at the same time.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll definitely go for Action Light III once it becomes available.

Alan

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

i am interested...but...i get the impresstion that these lights are more of a spot than flood. but i could be wrong.

i prefer a floody beam.

Bob

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast

Check the other threads for Henry's statement about a diffuser .

-john

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
NewBie said:...if a person could get their hands on the better emitters in volume, you could both double the brightness and increase the runtime at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is our great frustration as "little guys" who often get the bin leavings of the "big guys"

BN