SL Luxeon Jr. Clickie?

junior

Enlightened
Greetings all,
I wrote in another post about my disappointment with the inovaX5 momentary switch.

Now, I am thnking about buying a SL luxeon Jr. and am wondering how the clickie is on that light.

What say you?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clickie is very smooth, has a nice feel and a solid activation sound when used. I received one as a trade and I use to it finish off the AA's from my camera's external flash.

The X5T switch is crap combined with the slippery body it always slides through my hands.

Actually..I must thank you, I was going to buy a X5T to drain dead 123s, but your post just reminded me of why I sold it in the first place.

2dim

Enlightened
I found the Jr. clickie switch a bit stiff and had the same problem with lack of grip, which was solved [kinda] by adding a few thick elastic bands around the barrel, spaced for my fingers.

Aloft

Enlightened
On the Streamlight Jr. Lux, you can also push the button partially down for that "tactical" operation. I prefer lights where this is possible. I really like my Jr. Lux.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
It's weird, but I found that two women I passed the light to found that the clickie was extremely stiff to activate. For me, no problemo. FWIW, it does require a bit of force, but this probably prevents accidental activation in your pocket or kit bag.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think its stiff to but works real good.
All the mini mag owners that try it like it.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

2dim

Enlightened
I have to use my thumb. If the light has to stay on for awhile, I usually just keep it on, otherwise the momentary feature seems much easier to operate. Of course it really helps to have rechargeable NiMH cells and charge them right back up afterwards. BTW, that same clickie will fit the Streamlight 3xAA Luxeon Tasklight, which has a lot longer runtime and throw.