epilogue

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Abiding by the new rule about personal posts, this is made to the Cafe. I hope this is the right spot for it.

--

I was the owner and president of Arc Flashlight. Like all business, we had good times and we had bad times. I worked very hard to give it the best chance for success. Unfortunately, the business did fail.

I am writing to all those people who made Arc possible. The customers, suppliers, investors, dealers and anyone else who contributed.

You have my thanks.

I wish that I could have done more to keep it alive. I too am sad for its passing. I loved the business dearly.

My child, you will be missed.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Peter Gransee

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter,

Again let me say how sorry I am about the passing of Arc Flashlight LLC. Let me again also add that there are a lot of Arc's out there that will be used and appreciated for many many years to come. I have one of the first run of Arc AAA LE's, given to me by my brother, and it was my first "real" light, and the light which started me on this hobby and on this site. And I still use it to this day, and I will continue to use it, along with my Arc LSH. Arc Flashlight LLC has made a difference, has made a mark, and that will never really pass away.

You and yours are in my thoughts and in my prayers, and will continue to be for some time to come.

Wishing you the best. May God send you and Merri and your families consolation in this time of disruption and turmoil.

Sincerely,

ugrey

Enlightened
Peter and Merri, Many, many thanks. The products were ground breaking and the service was first class. You were on the forum almost every day and you were always open and honest. Very rare traits in todays time. I greatly treasure my two ARCs because they help me in my everyday life. I count on them. You and your products have made a positive difference in my life. Thanks. Your legend is secure here on this forum. I am sure you will be on your feet again soon. Thanks again!

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter and Co:
I missed posting on the other thread.
I am one of the folks who never bought an ARC.
Reason one - I assumed that ARC would be here forever.
Reason two - I figured that once I had an ARC - there would be nothing else left to buy that was worth having. (Did that make any sense?)

Well Bro: You did your best - and that is all that THE BOSS requires.
I hope you get through this valley quickly - and up on a mountaintop for a bit.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter as other's have posted, remember your products will be around for a very long time. I worked for a start-up company with a great and working product that very few outside the company ever saw. The product failed due to economic times and a mis-calculation of demand. It was very sad to see all that great intellectual property go down as electronic scrap metal.

2dim

Enlightened
All any of us can aspire to be is one more link in a chain, which will remain long after we're gone. We can only do our best with what's been given. You did well. That's obvious to everyone. Now, what's next, eh?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Somebody else made this picture, but it seems appropriate to place in this thread.

arcrip.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll be keeping all of my web pages with Arc products on them available indefinitely.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:Peter, the plus legacy is that you put a little light in a lot of people's lives.

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------

...and revolutionized the flashlight industry!!

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Peter:

Thanks for these wonderful lights. You set out to make flashlights that matter, and in that you were a smashing success. Good luck in your future ventures.

Josey

Frangible

Enlightened
Peter, I would like to personally thank you for your contributions to the flashlight industry. Without you, I never would have purchased a LED flashlight, or came to CPF. Granted, since then the world of illumination has delved deeply into my pocketbooks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif but it's all good. I will always remember Arc for its innovative and high quality LED flashlights. Thanks for helping to make my world a little brighter.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
After all that has been said and done in the past few days, I still love Arc products, and the CS I personally experienced with Peter and Merri was great.

With the current progress in LED lights, Arcs will one day become outdated. But the LSs were the best and most fascinating 123 lights I have encountered since discovering the flashaholism in myself until now, and they will always remain a special part of my collection.

I think that Arc and CPF depended upon each other, and as a result was able to deliver some truly interesting and inspiring products. That just makes it more painful to see Arc go, especially in such a way.

Thank you Peter, Merri, CPF and all who have contributed in any way to bring us these lights.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not difficult to sense the heartbreak in your post, Peter. I feel for you... I am very sure you did everything you could. As I used to say, everything that we can do, we assuredly will. Everything else that we cannot.. well, that is not in our hands. Sometimes things are just taken from us.. despite everything we can do.

Still, the ripples of 20,000 Arcs will continue to be felt throughout the world. It's not a drop in the bucket. It's a big splash in the pond and the legacy it leaves behind should not be underestimated.

I'm waiting on another AAA to arrive which should be next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Peter -- Your company made fantastic stuff! I am almost never without my LSH-P. My children know they can count on it, and as an IT consultant I've needed it countless times to track things down in dark places. (Networking gear and connection lines are always relegated to dimly-lit, neglected places).

My children use the light to find their favorite toys before heading off to bed. (I should have gotten them their own LSH's before it was too late) They also like to turn off all the basement lights and go adventuring with it. And it has survived drops into the tub, off counters, out of my fumbling hands, and keeps on shining. Oh, and Disney sent it back to me after it fell off my luggage in the room at the Wilderness Lodge (Ironically, I had been using it to search around the room to be sure we'd gotten everything before leaving very early in the morning).

Now, lest we become too remorseful may we look to the future and imagine how great the things will be when you take your next new direction? Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be of highest quality and its form will follow function rather than the other way around as is usually found in the marketplace. It may not be a flashlight, but I'm sure everyone here is eager to hear news of what you're tinkering with lately!

Go man go!

[edit] I meant to express that my Arc light is absolutely invaluable to me in my profession (and the above are only a couple of innumerable examples), and "on the lighter side" there's all that other stuff that makes it fun to play with. I usually cannot get through my day without using some sort of flashlight, and since the LSH is so pocketable it's always with me and provides a fabulous quality beam to boot. I want to be sure I'm clear that it's not being viewed as just an expensive toy but that for me (and I'm sure many others) it has become a completely necessary tool used throughout my day and night that does what no other light can do.

More examples:
- serial numbers and ports and cables behind equipment
- check on the children when I hear a cry or a bump at night
- trace whether a client's modem is plugged to the DSL jack (above false ceiling, down the wall, in the closet, beneath a fish tank of all places)
- that one last check of the swingset area & closer part of the yard for toys before calling it a night
- popping some brightness down the side of the garage when heading out to my garage office after dark (esp for one of those darned skunks that I don't want to startle)

... and truly countless others.

If the light's not with me, it's not helping me. And the LSH is so pocketable it's always with me.

Thank you Peter!

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the great lights!

I use every single one of them.

standard.jpg

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, your place in the history of LED light has been earned. Fifty years from now, some kid will bring an ARC AAA or LSH-P to the Antique Roadshow and they will explain the early history of the LED light.

GregR