Resurected LS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, ive never opened up an LS before. But i picked up a non-working LS1 from a fellow CPFer for a good price so i figured id give it a shot. The light rattled, and light output was sporatic at best. I figured the emmitter had come loose from the board after being dropped or something.

It took me forever to get the first ring out. There was some what looked like epoxy of some kind holding the ring in place. The board looked fine. emmitter was solid. and nothing else was loose. i checked the light with some wires and a 123 in a makeshift holder and it worked fine. Turns out it was the optics and the ring that held that into place that was loose. Pushed the optics all the way to the end and made sure it wasn't crooked, tightened the ring that holds it down pretty right, reinserted the board, and the last ring. threw in a clickie 123 pack and bingo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Arc LS1 #3209 lives again. And the beam looks even better than my LSH-P

W4DIZ

Enlightened
Cool.You got to love it when a light as nice as the LS can come back from the dead.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured in the very least it would make a good host for one of Cy's new sammie setups he's working on. Id much rather have the stock electronics though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Kinda like being able to restore the origonal engine in a classic car.

MY

Enlightened
I am amazed at how nice the old LS lights were if you were lucky in the Luxeon lottery. I have a couple of first run LS that are as bright and white as any current 1x123 lights out there.

Regards.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for offering me the light Doug, it's now a valued part of my collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.