5-Watt Luxeon Stars *Almost* Available - who's interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
5-Watt Luxeon Stars *Almost* Available - who\'s interested?

Moved to Buy/Sell/Trade
Moderator Edit - As a matter of advisement, group buys should be administered in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. That doesn't mean that speaking of the group buy, the product, or the initiation cannot occur in this forum. The administration though, such as lists, requests for product, announcements of shipping and acknowledgement of receiving should be in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

I just tried it and HEY they are taking orders!!! The part number is lxhl-lw5c and its US$36 apiece before S+H for the high-dome whites. That's 120 lumens for ya! Assuming that's correct, if you put FOUR of these monsters into Lambda's Hydra mod(120x4 = 480 lumens), you'll have enough lumens to challenge the UKLC100 HID (450 lumens) and SFM6(500 lumens)!!

But shucks - they don't ship to Singapore - USA orders online only
frown.gif

So - who's gonna be the first to get a 5W in a mod, eh? Trigger fingers ready.....

BTW - whoever makes a mod with a 5W-Luxeon (especially Lambda) - I'M THE FIRST IN LINE! I'm particularly tempted to do an Aragorn Hahhaha thing at this point - but he's reformed now
wink.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 5-Watt Luxeon Stars *Almost* Available - who\'s interested?

C'mon - isnt'anyone gonna try ordering some? I did try myself, but like I said - no overseas order, else I'd be sitting back grinning away like a fool....

Aragorn? Darell? Wayne? Kevin? Anyone?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hotfoot:
I just tried it and HEY they are taking orders!!! The part number is lxhl-lw5c and its US$36 apiece before S+H for the high-dome whites. That's 120 lumens for ya! Assuming that's correct, if you put FOUR of these monsters into Lambda's Hydra mod(120x4 = 480 lumens), you'll have enough lumens to challenge the UKLC100 HID (450 lumens) and SFM6(500 lumens)!!

But shucks - they don't ship to Singapore - USA orders online only
frown.gif

So - who's gonna be the first to get a 5W in a mod, eh? Trigger fingers ready.....

BTW - whoever makes a mod with a 5W-Luxeon (especially Lambda) - I'M THE FIRST IN LINE! I'm particularly tempted to do an Aragorn Hahhaha thing at this point - but he's reformed now
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You betcha I'm ordering some!
grin.gif
shocked.gif

I can get some, and I wonder if anybody's interested in 'Super Blaster'!!??
smile.gif

Heeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeee, Yeeeeeeeee hah!
grin.gif

Wayne www.elektrolumens.com

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fantastic, Wayne! If you can pleeeeeze squeeze in 4 of them for me too in your order, I'll be very grateful - I'll Paypal ya for the cost and shipping, and throw in an order for one of your super double-blasters too
grin.gif

*Really*, I'm not kidding 'bout this - thanks!!!

Let us all know how your order turns out
smile.gif

(ps. pm me or email me if you wanna check anything with me)

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hotfoot:
C'mon - isnt'anyone gonna try ordering some? I did try myself, but like I said - no overseas order, else I'd be sitting back grinning away like a fool....

Aragorn? Darell? Wayne? Kevin? Anyone?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just called, and the salesperson is not sure of the availability time? I'll be back in touch with them next week.

Looks like we're almost there?
shocked.gif

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fantastic, Wayne! If you can pleeeeeze squeeze in 4 of them for me too in your order, I'll be very grateful - I'll Paypal ya for the cost and shipping, and throw in an order for one of your super double-blasters too
grin.gif

smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, when they are made available, I'll see what I can do. I know everybody will want them, of course all at the same time.

I don't have unlimited resources, so I'll be limited to the number I can purchase at a time, etc.

grin.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

So where do you call to order these. TX

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, Hotfoot, you gonna be the brightest dude in this city.
grin.gif
I sure would like to get my hands on some of these 5W LS, so if you are getting some I sure would appreciate it if you could help me order a few as well.

If you are willing to help me out, shoot me an email and we'll see if we can work something out. Thanks heaps man. Been waiting so long for the 5W to come out.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

grin.gif

smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I realize the situation those of you who live overseas are in, in trying to obtain these kinds of things. I will try to help you out. When I order some I'll let you know, and order a few for you, if you make payment for them first.

Wayne
grin.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Steelwolf: You're in Singapore too (from your signature line)? Great - we have to meet soon! No problem if you want some of those 5 watters. PM or email me to let me know how many. I'll let you know if I can comfortable pay for you first. Then, I'll consolidate yours with my orders and pass it on to Elektrolumens (or perhaps Aragorn).
(Xenon, Holography and Spidey82, if you're reading this, this offer goes out to you too
grin.gif
)

Elektrolumens: OK - I will paypal you for all the stuff I ordered. Let me pay for my order first, I'll then follow up with more after I group the orders from fellow CPFers in Singapore. Is this OK with you? I've got a paypal order with your name on it...
grin.gif
Please PM or email me if you need more details on the deal and if you agree on me making an advance Paypal payment to you immediately for my order.

Aragorn: Thanks! But seeing how you may have problems sending stuff to me, lemme give Elektrolumens a chance too at it
smile.gif
Anyways, I've been eyeing his blasters for a looooong time. I have friends here who are looking for exactly what he (and Lambda) have created in their respective awesome mods. So - have you started selling Anduril and your other mods yet? Those super-duper HOLA jobs may have a market here too...

Thanks all!
cool.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
So where do you call to order these. TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the US number to call is 1-800-655-0006.

The luxeon part no. is LXHL-LW5C and is US$36 for 1-24units, US$32.40 for 25-49 units, US$27.60 for more than 50 units!

Here is the webpage with that info:
http://www.future-active.com/results.asp?hidPageName=0&ddCountry=US&ddCurrency=USD&SearchType=StartsWith&txtSearch=lxhl-lw5c

So, do the math: If we can rustle up a CPF group-buy of more than 50 units - we'll basically have the power of 4 luxeons in the footprint of just 1 regular LS, and only at the price of 2!

Any other takers out there?

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd go in for three definitely, maybe four or five depending upon the cash situation.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug:
My... all theses high member #'s! Ok, so, how many watts is the current/old Luxon Star?....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Current ones are approximately one watt.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Elektrolumens: OK - I will paypal you for all the stuff I ordered. Let me pay for my order first, I'll then follow up with more after I group the orders from fellow CPFers in Singapore. Is this OK with you? I've got a paypal order with your name on it...
grin.gif
Please PM or email me if you need more details on the deal and if you agree on me making an advance Paypal payment to you immediately for my order.

Thanks all!
cool.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Related to the 5 watt Luxeon, don't send me anything until I know for sure when I can get them. Also, the price might be less? Not sure. Anyway, wait until I know for sure I can get them, and when. It might be next week or next month?

Thanks,
Wayne www.elektrolumens
grin.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, Elektrolumens. I will hold off the "send money" button for now til you say so
grin.gif
If you do experience problems, please let me know - McGizmo has very graciously offered his help as a back-up buyer.

But I'll still keep track of the group buy for all interested, so watch this thread for updates. I suggest we try hit that 51-unit qty so we can enjoy the substantial discount. If, as Wayne has suggested, the price is even lower than posted - swell!!
smile.gif

So, those who want their 5-watters, please post to this thread.

Thanks!

(dunno if the moderators will move this, but I'm sure they'll give us ample notice
grin.gif
)

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sign me up for 5.

Anyone know what the new 30lu white part number is. I'd like to order these too.

remuen

Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElektroLumens:

I realize the situation those of you who live overseas are in, in trying to obtain these kinds of things. I will try to help you out. When I order some I'll let you know, and order a few for you, if you make payment for them first.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Wayne, thank you very much for your offer to help us
smile.gif
. Hope we alltogether can buy more than 50 pieces.

I'd go in for two 5W LS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElektroLumens:

Anyone know what the new 30lu white part number is. I'd like to order these too.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dat2zip, why am I always one step behind you?
confused.gif
grin.gif

I'm also very interested in this new 30lu 1W HD. Does anybody know the part no and the price? I would order 4 pieces ...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

are these 5 watters the same ones Peter
Gransee was/is planning on using in the new Arc LS model, coming out, um, soon??

Status
Not open for further replies.