Surefire KL4-Defender & TW4-Defender

TheSteve

Newly Enlightened
I decided to mix&match some parts from my L4, E1E and E2D.
The L4D is my favorite, the crenelations give a great looking beam pattern as well.
kl4-d.jpg

kl4-d-crown.jpg
tw4-d.jpg

My TW4-D needs a black E1E body - anyone have one in HA-III they want to part with, please let me know!

Yet again proving why the E1/E2/L4 series is so much fun - my friend called them the Lego of flashlights and I think he was correct.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats cool mods. A luxeon on a strike bezel means the light will probably work after striking something with it (the incand can blow if struck hard).

14C

Enlightened
Nice...nasty looking little bugger...get yours confiscated or get you busted in several locales if you have to use it....

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I agree that the KL4 with E2d bezel and tail is one of the coolest combinations I have seen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

L4D-2.jpg

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I always cook the head to 175F to break down the thread sealant adhesion. Sometimes the the bezel will come off by hand and others, a strap wrench is required. In the interest of full disclosure, the HA-Nat E2d I worked with above was pre production and I further confused the issue by using a KL4 that had been modified with a DB917 and Lux III and the tail switch has a two stage, non clickie switch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The beam might be slightly altered but what is most noticible is the scalloped perimiter of the spill beam.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking lights. I was thinking about modifying an E2D with a LuxIII, E-can and E-sink. How would the bezel do thermally?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Don ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
what a light!
sexy as hell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif
bernie

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Tyler,
The former. It was a pre production test sample. As is, I reckon it is a one of a kind.

ResQTech,
I have done just that as well as put a LE and s017xa in the E2d heads. The thermal relief is as one would expect and if you drive the Lux III conservatively, it is fine for long runs and drive it hot, it gets hot! The KL4 is still the winner in heat contest though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif