Price of ARC AAAs and last run

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
I got a replacement ARC AAA P about a week before they shutdown.I have noticed that the Ps are going for close to 100.00 each on ebay.
My question is,the one I got has the engraveing around the top of the body and says ARC-P
Is this last run going to become a more rare collectable?

turbodog

Flashaholic
Rare/more rare/etc..... don't care much about all that.

But! I gotta say, it's awfully tempting to sell some of my aaas on ebay.

These prices are something else.

At these figures it wouldn't take long for arc to pay off their bills. If they were still viable.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe.

It's hard to say if Arcs will be viable as a long term collectible. I don't know if there is even much of a demand outside CPF.

If you are going to cash in, you should probably do it soon, the "fever" may not last very long. Remeber all those folks who were going to send their kids to college on the money they were gonna make selling their Beanie Babies?

Peter

greenLED

Flashaholic
cy, could you please state your rationale? I would've expected original AAA's or rare runs (CPF specials, body and LED colors, etc.) would be in greatest demand as collector's items. Or is this 'cuz the newest AAA had all the bugs worked out? Thanks.

DaGunn

Newly Enlightened
Huh, What!!! You mean my priceless 10,000+ Beanie Babies ain't gonna pay for Harvard tuition... you gotta be kidding me. Or are you trying to corner the market, you sly dog you.

Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone else noticed the other difference with these latest/last run arc aaa's?

hint: has something to do with the pocket clip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

DaGunn

Newly Enlightened
Do you mean where the clip says it is made in the USA but the light may have been made in China?

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep, okay that was too easy

but come to think about it the last onese with the writing on the body could have had the same thing for all i know cause i never got one of those.

can anyone confirm that this particular pocket clip is exclusive to the last run?

BTW, mines dated 09-16-2004

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
J Smith said:
Is this last run going to become a more rare collectable?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

arc1.jpg

NoShadow

Enlightened
I saw that awhile back where a AAA sold for 70.00+ dollars ( I have forgotten the exact figure ) I was flabbergasted. They are very nice lights but that's a lot of coconuts to trade for one light. For awhile, I suppose, it will be a sellers market.

cy

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
cy, could you please state your rationale? I would've expected original AAA's or rare runs (CPF specials, body and LED colors, etc.) would be in greatest demand as collector's items. Or is this 'cuz the newest AAA had all the bugs worked out? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have production numbers. But last 6 months of ARC's life, very little product was shipped. Making ARC AAA and AA with the new marking low production.

How many ARC AA's have you seen marked only with "ARC"? I sold aprox. 10 ARC AA bodies marked like to some lucky people not too long ago.

Any ARC AAA or AA older than one year had no bugs related the the defective chip. If you have an older ARC AAA or AA with contact problems. simply reseat crimp with a chisel. lots of older posts on that.

Didn't mean to imply that last version of AAA would be the most desirble. The older more rare ARC AAA would be way more collectible.

Status
Not open for further replies.