@%&* Domain Squatters

LED-FX

Enlightened
You know how popular The Led Museum is when squatters move in.

ledmuseum.net was on lock and was un-reregistarable until today or so I thought.
Wrong, some shady domain squatters moved in on it on September 30th. It now goes to a generic search page that trys to download spyware.

ledmuseum.com has been squatted for a while, but try it now

http://www.ledmuseum.com/

Hmmm the top flashlight resources on the net, but not quite the one you would think of....

Perhaps some of the `sponsored` link advertisers would like to dig slightly deeper in their pocket and send product or sponsorship to the real one and only Craig Johnson`s LED Museum.

www.ledmuseum.org will of course take you to where you were expecting.

It is possible, that with assistance, might be worth taking an ICANN dispute against the squatters who are blatantly trading on Craig`s hard work.

Adam

P.S. Craig any chance of seeing a Led Museum Cafepress store sometime, Led Museum coffee mug would have to be a winner.

MikeF

Enlightened
How Low Can You Go!?!?
Craig has done more for us than we will ever imagine, and after all he has been through, and some dirtbags come along and do this to him!?

UNREAL!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
{sung to the tune of an SOD song}

{slang term for cat} Whipped,
Don't you know they're {slang term for cat}whipped!!
Don't you know they're {slang term for cat}whipped!!!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats just one of those standard pseudo search engine companies trolling for hits. If you ask them they will probably quote a ludicrously large amount to purchase the domain from them, but I don't think any of that hold up once gone to arbitration. They are fairly obviously squatting for mistypers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif there is organization in place to stop them from doing this, but you have to start the wheel rolling. Just mentioning that you have been through this before at other companies and know the lawyers to talk to might make them give it to you for a reasonable cost. Or, perhaps you don't care. It's been minimal trouble for me over the last couple years to retype it when I did it wrong without thinking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LED-FX

Enlightened
As the squatters.com are paying per forwarded link, try searching led museum in their search box...

Mebbe it be worth a few of us sending a POLITE email to the vendors that are paying per click for `led museum` keywords and gently explaining to them that if they want to shift more product , more cost effectively as pay per click tends to be expensive then...

The best way for them might be to send some product for evalutation to the real Led Museum , as long as they don`t end up in the Toylet Bowl ;-) a favourable review from Craig is certainly going to help them shift product.

Sure that the real Led Museum sees much more traffic than the squatted .com domain.

Just a thought.

Adam

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I swear that sounds like a song on a rare david allen cole cd. Nothing sacret(SP?) I believe is the name. Its a dirty, but funny cd. Usually sold at his concerts.

[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
{sung to the tune of an SOD song}

Don't you know they're {slang term for cat}whipped!!
Don't you know they're {slang term for cat}whipped!!!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Having 667 pages, you should consider some ad service. I have 287 pages on my site and get a 1500% return on my hosting fees monthly. Nice getting a check or few a month than paying out for hosting fees.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before you click on the first link, make sure you have your pop-up killers turned on.