Just got the Dorcy 1 watt 3AAA from Target

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
PROS:
-Pretty good throw
-Decent brightness
-Inexpensive
-Head unscrews for access to LED (good for custom work)
-Battery cartridge like the SF M6

CONS:
-Greeny light
-2 stage switch goes from constant to strobe. No matter how long you keep it on constant, next time you press the switch it goes to strobe, then off. I like the PT Keychain method, time delay where if you keep it on constant for more than XX number of seconds, the next button press shuts it off.
-Plastic lens (easier to scratch)

You guys want some pictures of it? or has that already been done? This looks like a good host for a better LED.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
You need a web host of some sort to post images.

I can set up an account for you on idleprocess.net if you'd like. PM or email me if you need space.

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
I had to buy one also, the price was too good to pass up.
Brighter than my Arc LS, but I think that it is the larger reflector only.
Color is off from the Arc, but I am blue/green color blind, so???
So far, everything except the blinky thing is good. I did buy this one with the idea of it being a mod in the future.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have one of these things too. Not a bad little flashlight. Not a PERFECT, fantastic, flawless flashlight, but NOT a bad little flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
It's dark out now and yikes....this sucker is pretty bright because of the deep reflector.

Its very green though. Reminds me of the CMG Reactor.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are all Dorcy 1 watts green?

I think its a cute looking light, but I HATE cat urine green tint. Has anyone bought a Dorcy 1 watt with decent tint?

I suppose since Dorcy sells them so cheaply that they save money by buying inferior luxeon bins?

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
This would be an awsome contender if it had better LED color, HA finish, Glass lens and no strobe light.

But I guess it would be more $$$

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Re: Just got the Dorcy 1 watt 3AAA from Target *DELETED*

Post deleted by The_LED_Museum because it was a double-post.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
357 I have bought 2 of these from Target recently and I must have got very lucky as both of mine are very white.I have taken one apart to play with and the star has 2 sets of numbers on the back.I am not sure what exactly these mean but I feel that it is the bin coding.The top numbers are BW02 and the bottom ones read QWAK...They both appear to be low dome however I am very happy with these lights.
I have a favorite ARC LSHP that I simply love due to the crystal white tint.This Dorcy when loaded with 3 AAA lithiums will be as bright or maybe brighter than my LSHP with the same white tint.When compared to my Modded ARC that is a Q3J at 667mA it makes my Modded Arc look very yellow and creamy.I feel that this may have been luck on my part however they are very white.The whitest of the 2 has not been taken apart so I do not know the numbers on the back of that star.

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
For those who haven't seen yet:

DorcyLED2.JPG

DorcyLED1.JPG

DorcyLED3.JPG

DorcyLED4.JPG

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is nice and white but was ringy before I put some write right on it. I'm thinking of replacing the cap in the flasher to make it strobe faster. My guess is that will give a lower intensity output, similar to the Etrnalights.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
Are all Dorcy 1 watts green?

I think its a cute looking light, but I HATE cat urine green tint. Has anyone bought a Dorcy 1 watt with decent tint?

I suppose since Dorcy sells them so cheaply that they save money by buying inferior luxeon bins?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read a couple of reports by some forum members whose Dorcys where slightly on the green side, but mine is very white. It's a pretty decent light for the price. Too bad it's not regulated.

Longbow

Enlightened
Cosmic Superchunk, I have 4 regulated lights and a fifth,(Electrolumens XM-3) on order. But my favorite is still the unregulated Gerber LX1.0.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
Unregulated said:
Cosmic Superchunk, I have 4 regulated lights and a fifth,(Electrolumens XM-3) on order. But my favorite is still the unregulated Gerber LX1.0.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a few unregulated LED lights myself and for the price, the Dorcy 1W isn't bad at all, but it would be nice to have a AAA powered 1W Luxeon that doesn't dim over time as the battery drains.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
indenial said:
Has anyone mentioned the price yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the Dorcy 1W 3AAA? $25 bucks at your local "Tar-jay" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You could find it for a buck or two cheaper online, but then you've got to factor in shipping charges.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Guys, what about running NimH AAAs to get some poor mans regulation???

I have a CD player that has crap for runtime on Alk, but ROCKS on NimH!

And don't force me to buy one to try it on... I gotta get up enough money to get my KL3 "Chop"ped!!!

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Dang, I must have lost the Luxeon Lotto. Got Puke green. I think I'll to exchange this.

This will be a good cheap glovebox light. Just add some Lithium AAAs and throw it in the car.