Energizer single LED emergency/recharagable light

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not seen it here, so will ask.

I look through the flashlights at walmart as I like to feel stuff before i buy it. Of all the stuff there, I like an emergency light with some run time so if the power fails and I am asleep, I will have some usable light left.

What was unique about this light is that it is LED and has 80 hour run time on low and 8 on high. It can be used as a night light or an emergency one that comes on when the power fails or off to use when needed. It contains a single nihm battery and the bottom part disconnects and folds and unfolds to allow it to connect in a right angle to the wall.

Its ok, about the same brightness as the blinkmann stubby led lamp. In absolute darkness its great, even on low.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
12 bucks i believe. They are always out of stock. I got 2 for my folks and 1 for myself. I leave mines on the nightlight mode and the ones at my folks house on standby so when the power fails they light up. They have come in handy and the ones at my folks house we flip to low to conserve power and use to light up the room.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Mine has a slightly off center LED, so the beam is weighted to one side a bit.

Agreed, in TOTAL dark, it isn't too bad. In ANY ambient light it comes up lacking!

It stays plugged in where I can find it easily.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mines and my folks seemed centered, but the beam is rather spread out with a slight center focus area.

I would say its the dimmest of led lights I own, but considering its an emergency light, its great in that case.

I just wished these designers would put there heads together and build a kick *** universal light. One with lots of power, brightness, run time, dual modes for reduced brightness and longer run times, emergency illumination in case power fails, etc. Seems you get a lot of light for a short run time or little light forever.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF U2 Digital Ultra. Everything you want.

.....with the killer price tag from Hell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Remember, you can have it good, cheap, and high performance - choose two.