• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOR SALE: McCapsule TV1K DB917 for SF Classic

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
FOR SALE: McCapsule with TV1K Lux III and DB917, plus 27mm reflector threaded for Surefire Classic-Series bezels. Assembled and tested, ready for drop-in replacement of P60 or P90 lamp assemblies into your C2, M2, 6P, 9P, etc. You'll need some needle-nose pliers to get the reflector installed into your bezel.

HPIM1959.thumb.jpg
[larger image]
HPIM1623.thumb.jpg
[larger image]

M2 and P60 not included. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's just the McCapsule and Reflector.

$95 shipped USPS to the US, delivery confirmation included. Paypal Only. International orders are OK, but may require additional shipping. Private message if interested.

2dim

Enlightened
Can we assume these will work with standard 3v cells?
How about 4.2v rechargeables? Any difference lumenwise?
Compare output/runtime with P60/P61 and P90/P91 lamps.
Finally, do you have some beamshot photos to show us?

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if this will work in a PM6 or not.

This module should work fine with 4.2V rechargables, since it is using a downconverter, but I haven't tested it with anything but regular 123s.

Runtime, output, and beamshots should be the same as any other DB917 Lux III build using the PR. I don't have equipment to measure this stuff, but there is tons of it in the reviews forum.

Actually, this will be slightly brighter than the PR, since it uses the McR-27.

stockae92

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tylerdurden said:
Runtime, output, and beamshots should be the same as any other DB917 Lux III build using the PR.
Actually, this will be slightly brighter than the PR, since it uses the McR-27.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you point me to the right direction for runtime, beam shots, etc?

also can you tell me exactly what needs to be done for installation?

will that works for G2Z?

thanks

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a runtime plot that should be fairly similar to this build:

http://www.obaq.tv/cpf/images/McLuxPR-DB-2x123-Ventilated_Battery_Test.png

For beamshots, dig through this beamshot database. Anything using the PR reflector should be virtually identical to this.

To install this, you unscrew the head, remove the lamp assembly and set it aside. The 27mm reflector screws into the head all the way forward, eventually floating between the glass lens of the head and the top of the threads. It sometimes helps to use needle-nose pliers to hold the reflector while you're screwing it in, but it isn't necessary. The McCapsule then just drops into the body of the flashlight. Screw the head down, and you're ready to rock.

HPIM2161.thumb.jpg
[larger image]
HPIM2145.thumb.jpg
[larger image]

This mod should work for the G2Z, but it may get very hot if you run it for extended periods, since the aluminum body of a standard Surefire is the major heat path for this device.

2dim

Enlightened
I apologize for asking again, but didn't understand your answer. My Surefire 6z is over 10 years old and uses two cr123a batteries, presently with a P61 bulb. Can this fit easily into that light [no mechanical skills] and allow the use of rechargeable r123 cells, protected or not? How will light output be affected? Thank you.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I don't know much about rechargables. If the cells are not protected, this is probably a bad choice, since I think it will try to suck the batteries as much as possible. Light output will definitely be less than a P61. Total output is similar to a P60, but the P60 has more sidespill and a wider hotspot while this McCapsule will throw somewhat further.

For unprotected rechargables, I believe the upcoming wizard2 driver circuit has a cut-off voltage, but I don't know if it works as needed for two-cell setups.

RJ

Newly Enlightened
Excuse the newbie question, but how would the McCapsule compare to an L4 & L5 (both which I have)? More throw or flood, white in color?
Thanks in advance,

RJ

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
This mod will throw further than the L4. A lot further. It won't put out anywhere near the total amount of light, though. This is a very narrow beam compared to the L4.

I think it *should* outthrow the L5 as well, but I don't know for sure since I haven't seen an L5 in person. From what I hear, though, the L5 will be between the L4 and this mod in throw. Again, total light output will be greater for the L5 since it uses a Luxeon V instead of the Luxeon III in this mod.