X5T-HA? Are they Obsolete?

Penguin

Enlightened
I've been wanting to get an X5t-HA for a while now, but I was wondering? Are these things obsolete? I have a couple LuxIII's that I know will BLOW the X5 away. X5 owners, chime in! Convince me I need one! (or dont!) Thank you.

-Josh

hchun73

Newly Enlightened
Mine is being delivered now... UPS has them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I bought X5T because I needed a general use "flood" light for everyday usage. Also, natural toned HA looked sexy to me. I read Inova T-series owners are very happy with theirs but T-series seems to be more of "spot light" type due to its optics.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
It's a tough chassis and sucks those 123s dry, certainly worth it to kill those weaker 123s that one may end up chucking in the round file!

StuU

Enlightened
The X5T-HA is a must-have light. One of the best for walking at night. Or looking for lost things in dark corners of the house. Very functional. Very cool. A classic.

Get one immediately. You won't be sorry.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I agree with markdi that is it obsolete, there are so many newer, cooler, multilevel lights out now.

But, I agree with everyone that it's a must have. I use it all the time, next to the computer for finding little dropped screws, for depleting 123s, for looking under the couch, and outside for general flood at nite.

Oh, and I like beam of the titanium better, seems brighter to me, and the metallic finish looks cooler. However, it looks like CountyComm is ending their run of X5Ts, so you may not have another chance at the HAs.

daloosh

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
I don't have the X5T, but just a regular X5, and I've been pretty happy with it for the $$$. Until I just got my Arc LSL-P it was defnitely my brightest light. Comparing it to the LSL-P, the flood is maybe slightly broader on the X5, but the LSL-P is brighter and smaller and uses just one cell. But, it's also unavailable and cost 3 times as much! My X5 is a keeper.

Longbow

Enlightened
The X5T is a great light light. However the Gerber Trio is almost as bright, I think looks better, is smaller, runs on two AAs for almost as long as the X5T does on 2 123s, is as rugged, and is cheaper.

tracker870

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
It's a tough chassis and sucks those 123s dry, certainly worth it to kill those weaker 123s that one may end up chucking in the round file!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's why I have one coming this week from County.
That purpose, and I like that look! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's my second most used light after the ArcLS. Runs for EVER on those 2 batts, sucks dry ones that are almost done. And the flood smoothness of the beam makes it just an excellent all around light. I especially like it in a nite-eze (or whatever that funny name is) headband thing making it into a headlamp. The flood quality of the beam and it's wide divergence makes it even more usable for a close up headlamp than an LS light with regular optics.

All around a great light. Obsolete? probably;) but it's only obsolete if you don't use it!

greenLED

Flashaholic
"obsolete" is a relative term that refers to what you intend to use the light for. If you want a spiffy computerized light, the X5T is not it. But how many lights have programmable functions?

The X5T-HA is a great flood light, sucks batteries dry, has a tough finish. Great for emergencies (if you have 123's on hand).

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
The X5T is a pretty useful light. It's small, indestructible, and produces quite a bit of light for quite a long time. It's a nice floodlight. You are right that the newer Luxeon lights blow it away, but I think the X5T is still useful. I use mine still, despite having several other brighter lights. It's a great backup light in case something happens to your primary light, if nothing else.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
The X5T-HA is a fantastic "just to have" light. It's a great flood, it's got decent power, and the finish is tough as nails.

It's definitely not as bright as some of the newer lights, but it's a great light just to have around.

Penguin

Enlightened
Hmm, alright, seems like the X5t is still a favorite among the CPFer's guess i'll just have to get one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for your responses!

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love mine. The HA-III NATURAL is my favorite finish. It's soooo understated.

Obsolete? Probably -- that's even more reason for some to want one. The Ford EDSEL has been obsolete for ~50 years and they are very much in demand.

Actually, these recent X5T-HA threads are very reassuring. I was beginning to think that it was just me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DanM

Newly Enlightened
I have six or seven of the Obsolete X5Ts, could not help my self they are so cool.