Arc AAA+P on ebay for $107.50

DaGunn

Newly Enlightened
There is one listed on ebay with a little over 6 hours till the end of auction! $107.50, WOW!

Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

6pOriginal

Enlightened
This is crazy. I think it's kind of making a fortune out of someone else's misfortune. But as much as I hate it, it's a free market, you can do what every you want. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Frangible

Enlightened
Can't say I blame them... there's nothing quite out there that can replace the Arc AAA. The Peak doesn't seem to have the regulation/brightness/size of the Arc from the reviews I saw.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I just sold a new in package ARC AAA RGB for $35! Maybe I should have held on to it!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Sigman,
If you were happy with what you got for it at the time that is all that matters. I had a lot of trouble on the BST board trying to sell an LSHF-P with many acessories until finaly Nikon bought it. Thank you Nikon! I could have got much more for it now but at the time I really needed the money and am glad someone bought it. I was happy with what I got for it then and I dont really care how much it is worth now.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over the years you'll see this happen with lots of things.

I remember looking at a 1967 Shelby Cobra 427 Roadster in the showroom of Dub Richardson's Ford Ranch in Oklahoma City in the same year. The price was about $8,000.00.

I've heard of collectors like Jay Leno paying over $250,000.00 for original examples in the last few years.

In 1969 I remember seeing a wooden barrel full of U.S. Krag-Jorgensen Rifles in a gun shop going for $20.00 each. In very good condition, a plain vanilla Krag goes for over $800.00 now.

Atleast the prices for the Arcs are being determined by the bidders.

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:
Over the years you'll see this happen with lots of things.

I remember looking at a 1967 Shelby Cobra 427 Roadster in the showroom of Dub Richardson's Ford Ranch in Oklahoma City in the same year. The price was about $8,000.00.

I've heard of collectors like Jay Leno paying over $250,000.00 for original examples in the last few years.

In 1969 I remember seeing a wooden barrel full of U.S. Krag-Jorgensen Rifles in a gun shop going for $20.00 each. In very good condition, a plain vanilla Krag goes for over $800.00 now.

Atleast the prices for the Arcs are being determined by the bidders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty much.

I wonder if we would feel differently if Peter simply had quit making the aaa?

6pOriginal

Enlightened
I will feel differently if this $107.50 AAA was because it went out of production, I won't have any problem with it in this case. But the current situation was caused by the company went out of business, which I don't it's a right thing to takw adventage of. Then again like my earlier post said, it's a free market, whatever people want to do are their own business.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Not a huge amount of difference from a market perspective I guess.

One day, someone will come out with a same or better light and then these arc aaa lights will drop like bricks.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
I just sold a new in package ARC AAA RGB for $35! Maybe I should have held on to it!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just a good guy, Sigman. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Passing it along to someone who'd enjoy it for about what you paid for it.

Last Christmas, these were stocking stuffers.

I think that as these become increasingly difficult to find in new or mint condition that it'll be the collectors and dyed-in-the-wool fans that will keep paying premiums for them.

We might occassionaly see one sell for less than retail on Ebay.

LED-FX

Enlightened
If your selling an Arc for , er , whatever reason
and feel that with currently heightened prices it will possibly go for more than you paid, could always donate a portion of the final sale price to CPF...

Adam

6pOriginal

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LED-FX said:
If your selling an Arc for , er , whatever reason
and feel that with currently heightened prices it will possibly go for more than you paid, could always donate a portion of the final sale price to CPF...

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Technology will have to get a wee bit better before ANYTHING can replace the ARC AAA. It would have to be same form factor, significantly brighter (Lux?) at the same runtime or a lot more... tough nuts to crack I should think!

Mine is gonna ride on Paracord around my neck as long as possible!

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arc AAA+P on ebay for $110.00

I remember telling people that this would happen if the Arc AAA ever became unavailable new. I kept telling people that they were a bargain at $25 to $35, but I was more or less scoffed at.

And I'm not talking about collectors. I'm talking about people who want to USE their lights and need a light of this size, shape, output, and quality. What else is there right now to take its place? That's right. Nothing. In my opinion anyway. I'm sure glad that I bought my various Arc stuff when I did, before the backorder situation and regulation circuit problem and before Arc went out of business.

Still, $100 is too much, although I might have paid around $80 for one once if there was no other way for me to get one.

M

MeridianTactical

Re: Arc AAA+P on ebay for $110.00

And to think in a recent thread I got hammered for selling some over MSRP, When I paid over MSRP.

I wish I held out and Ebayed them!!!