1W, Color Luxeon V datasheets updated 9/21/04

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumileds has updated the datasheets for the 1W luxeons, and Colored Luxeon V. The White Luxeon V (Luxeon V Portable) datasheet and Luxeon III datasheets remain unchanged.

The notable change in the 1W datasheet is the change of the typical output for the BW02 (EOS LD) and the High dome white from 25 lumens to 31 lumens (24%). Also, typical flux for green and cyan have been bumped from 30 lumens to 40 lumens (33%).

On the Luxeon V color side, typical flux for green and cyan have changed from 120 lumens to 160 lumens (33%); blue, 45 to 48 lumens (7%); and royal blue, 500mW to 700mW (40%).

The datasheet for the white Luxeon V remains unchanged - strangely, since I figured that white output is porportional to the luminous flux of the blue emitter underneath the phosphor.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps the increase in lumens for the 1w is that they are now quoting the flux for the higher binned leds.

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking more along the lines that process improvements have increased average output such that the bin distribution is now heavily weighted towards the Q bin. It's been steadily increasing the last couple years. It looks like (based on this, and what people have been getting) that you are now very very likely to get a Q-binned 1W white.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I've also noticed that the red went from 40 to 44 lumens (+10%), and the amber from 32 to 42 lumens (+31%).

[ QUOTE ]

It looks like (based on this, and what people have been getting) that you are now very very likely to get a Q-binned 1W white.

[/ QUOTE ]
And probably most of the "rejects" (P bin or less) are sold to those companies making the cheap Luxeon flashlights. Also, R bin 1W whites are being seen in increasing numbers. They were almost unheard of even six months ago.