LED PR replacement bulbs in a plastic flashlight?

scooter

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone, I found a Garrity GTech 2D in a markdown bin a couple days ago and would like to put a LED replacment PR bulb in it. I know the EverLED might be the obvious choice but that little gem is a bit too pricey for my wallet.

I thought of using the Tektite LPR-2 on sale from one of our friendly dealers but I wonder whether there is enough heatsinking since the GTech is entirely made of plastic. Anybody know if this unit will overheat without any heatsink?

The other choice I was thinking of is the Terralux Broadmiser. Since the Broadmiser uses 4 surface mount emitters aimed to the side I thought the large faceted reflector of the GTech might make good use of this bulb. Anybody tried the Broadmiser in a large reflector flashlight?

Any other choices for a plastic 2d flashlight under $25? Thanks for any advice.

Scott

h_nu

Enlightened
Re: LED PR replacement bulbs in a plastic flashlig

I have an Epeion in the same flashlight. I use an EverLED in a 4AA flashlight and it's brighter but the Garrity has a nice bright spot for throw with a soft spill. Excellent beam. I might have swapped the Epeion and EverLED but I don't use these lights very often.

I got my Epeion at brightguy.com