OMG, the T1 is everything it is hyped up to be!

Leeoniya

Enlightened
for 32.97, this is the best light out there in its class, without question. I will post comparison beamshots later. this thing is amazing. and the optics just look crazy cool. it is super white, the beam is flawless, the only thing is that it has those rings, which i dont really care about. the throw is better than my arc-lshf-p, and the beam is not squareish at all like the arc with Fraen LP. and yes, the clicky switch is very clicky, i thought it would be mushy like the X5T but it has a very firm feel and click to it. it was very strange holding it for the first time because that type of knurling on black you just cant help but imagine it being rubber from the photos, but you pick it up and it's cold as all hell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i dont have a digital, or any type of scale for that matter handy, but it does seem a bit lighter than my X5T, and the fact that it is a tad thicker and shorter makes it much easier and more comfortable to hold than the X5T, which feels like you're holding a tactical needle. i love my arc, particularly its size, but considering the arc was $150, and the T1 is $33, i think the extra 2" and better throw of the inova would definitely have kept me from buying my arc and droping an extra $120 for it, thats how good the T1 is. all it needs is a sheath, i wear light cargo pants mostly, much lighter than jeans, so the light does feel rather uncomfortable in the cargo pockets, mostly because of the weight, not the size.

i'll be playing with it all night

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
whoa, where's it $33?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, where?
Huh?
Huh?
Where?
Where is it?

Flashlight Enthusiast
How's the sidespill?

I have the Inova X0 model, and the sidespill is very poor. Furthermore, it has sub mediocre beam quality (lots of rings in the corona). Does the T1 have similar style beam as the Inova X0?

(I prefer good sidespill over good throw).

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
357:

The beams of my X0 and my T1 are indistinguishable (and in-extinguishable). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

inluxication

Newly Enlightened
Re: OMG, the T1 is everything it is hyped up to be

[ QUOTE ]
V8TOYTRUCK said:
Streamlight Jr LS or T1 for best $30 1watter?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was wondering the same thing. I'm looking for something like this as a gift, and for that the Streamlight Jr will win because it takes AA batteries. I'm happy with 123-powered lights for myself, but can't see inflicting those on flashlight-civilians. I presume that doesn't answer your question at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leeoniya

Enlightened
there is very little sidespill on any TRIOS lights as far as i know since they're designed for throw, maybe on the bigger lights, but i dont know.

and yes, there are rings in the corona, this is not a light for people who love flood lights.

Parker

Newly Enlightened
Re: OMG, the T1 is everything it is hyped up to be

Where can you find more information on the T1? The Inova website doesn't appear to show the T1.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
I am thinking about getting one of these - I have an Xo and and Xo3. Are you finding the T1 fits well in a pocket? That's the one drawback to the other two lights, at least for me.

Leeoniya

Enlightened
the size is great, it's the weight that makes it somewhat uncomfortable to carry, but then again thats if it is loose. when i posted the first message i just put it in my pocket and it is not comfortable having that thing bounce around while you walk. the size is okay. but just earlier tonight i tried carrying it in my the small "key pocket" of my regular pocket instead of my cargo pocket on the side of my knee and it was perfectly okay. btw...these pants have a really deep slightly wider key pocket. so as long as it's not loose in your pocket the size is great, it's no LSH, you cant put it on a key chain, and it's probably a little bigger than what most people would consider EDC, but for me it's EDC. and then again, i never had a comfortable way of carrying the LSH either, and also because the arc is fairly heavy for that size, it tends to swing around in the pockets, you have to have a sheath or a tight pocket to keep these lights from driving you nuts. now my Photon is a different story cause it's really light, not because it's small. but i'd never edc my photon anymore after i got my lsh, and definitely not after i found a comfortable way of carrying this T1

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Thanks - I understand about the weight, and having the light slap you in the knee. Yes, that could be annoying. I'm interested in using one as an EDC, but I'd mainly use it with slacks. I find that I use my Xo a lot - but I don't carry it with me all the time. Having a smaller version of the same thing seems like it would be useful.

Does it come with the standard inova nylon sheath?

Leeoniya

Enlightened
all it comes with is the satisfaction of knowing that you beat the lazy inova webmasters to owning a phantom light that supposedly doesnt exist yet, (i think they're too busy playing with their T1s to update the site)...and for $33, i'm surprised that it came with a battery....unless i threw the sheath out somehow with the packaging...

*runs to rummage through trash can*

Leeoniya

Enlightened
on the topic of the best $30 1Watter as stated earlier:
as far as the Streamlight Jr. Ls. goes, the specs are not too impressive

Streamlight Jr. Luxeon specs:
Battery: Two AA Alkaline.
Lamp: One (1) watt Luxeon Star 50,000 hour LED.
Material: Machined aluminum with anodized finish, shock and water resistant.
Weight: 3.8 ounces.
Length: 6.5 inches.
Run Time: Over One hour.
Power: 30 Lumens.
Special Features: Push-button tailcap switch, pocket clip.

no mention of regulation, 2AA means it is thinner, but considerably longer, it has no breakthrough optics...hehe. the runtime is "over one hour"...once again, no regulation?
only 30 lumens, vs 35 for T1, i dont know if it's type III anodize, but i doubt it.

...oh wait, a single CR123A cell has 1400mah, and 2xAA have...2400mah when put in series. i dont know how this is possible, other than to assume that there is no regulation, but 1.5hr-2hr run time on 1400mah, and about 1hr on 2400mah....

and why 50,000hrs? if there is no regulation the most it would ever see is 3V, which is 0.42V below spec? how does that drop the rating by half?

and they're both about $30. you be the judge.