My New Favorite Production (Non-Custom) Light

The Surefires are temporarily shelved while I enjoy the pleasure of the Inova T1. Smaller than the X5 and as powerful as the X0, the T1 packs alot of punch in a small body. And, really, is there ANY flashlight more durable than an Inova? No protruding parts like clips, bezels and fins, easy to carry - even the lanyard hole is shaped concave to the body. Add HA III coating and a clicky tailswitch (all the rage now in the flashlight community), and you have almost the perfect LED. The only possible feature the T1 is lacking is a McGizmo style two way switch. But it wouldn't surprise me if Inova came out with one down the road. Anyway, nice job Inova. I'm very pleased!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Prolepsis

Enlightened
arewethereyetdad:

Oh why must you tempt me so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Now I have to go dig up some reviews and do some reading. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How do you find the T1 in your pocket? I find the X5 and X0 a little big to shove in my pockets, personally.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
arewethereyetdad,

How will the Inova T1 Flair as compared with Nuwai QIII ?

Thanks & Regards,
ViReN

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
I just unpacked my T1 a few miutes ago. It's smaller and brighter than I thought and it's much better looking in person. Can't wait till tonight and try it out.

Oh yeah, I also unpacked a sf L1 ,but this T1 is so nice I haven't even touched the other one yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Prolepsis and ViReN: You will LOVE the T1, guaranteed! You gotta get one. It is smaller than the X5 so it fits in the pocket better. You asked how does it compare to the Nuwai QIII. Good question. The QIII is smaller in length by about 3/4" and, of course, has the clip and the choppier body. Bezel ends are comparably sized. Both clickies are pretty decent. The T1 has a little better HA finish, IMO. The beam comparisons, as I see it: The QIII has a more perfect flood (no circles, just a perfectly centered hotspot inside a perfectly round flood). But while the T1 has some disappointing rings, its throw is WAY farther. It's an interesting comparison, though. Personally, I prefer the T1's simple tube design - feels better in the hand than the QIII, and its flush clicky is easier to push than the QIII's, which is inset. But both lights are very good.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

T1 has 2 CR123 Cells i think, isnt it ?

The longer throw will be sure an advantage. What is the relative overall output comparing these 2?

THanks & Regards,
ViReN

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
if T1 has 1x123, why is it longer than Nuwai QIII, I think, there is a lot of space wasted in QIII already, this one is taking still more space for what ?

Does any one have exact height & Diameter for both the lights ?

THanks & Regards,
ViReN

marcspar

Enlightened
Anybody know if the T2 would run ok with a pila 168s? Which of our cpf dealers have them in stock?

Thanks,

Marc

flashlite

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Does any one have exact height & Diameter for both the lights ?

[/ QUOTE ]

T1 - Overall dimensions 4.59" long by 0.98" diameter.

T2 - Overall dimensions 5.90" long by 0.98" diameter.

soloco

Enlightened
Why doesn't Inova update their website? They don't have any information on ANY T series light.

Another question, what's the difference between the T3 and the XO3? I think I just ordered the XO3 from Sharper Image. I'm not sure as the description is just INOVA 3-Watt Luxeon Flashlight.

Ikonomi

Enlightened
The differences between the T3 and the XO3 are the T-series knurling (as opposed to the traditional Inova flat sides) and the clicky switch on the tail. Everything else -- size, batteries, optics, LED -- is the same.

The Sharper Image only carries the XO3, by the way. Do they have both casing colors, or just black? If they have both, which did you order?