Modifying LIGHTVISION green laser pointer

wvuvw

Newly Enlightened
I've had a LightVision green laser pointer for a little while, purchased from z-bolt. On their site, it's a BTG-2 (their low-end model.) I though all their models were made by Leadlight, but I found out later that this model was a different manufacturer.

The beam seems a little weak compared to "true" 5 mW lasers I've heard about. I've seen lots of info on modifying Leadlight pointers, and I think some of those techniques would be something I'd want to try. Specifially, I'd like to try rotating the diode relative to the crystal's polarization plane. This way, I can increase the power throughput without increasing the current draw. Are the LightVision pointers put together the same way as the Leadlights?

I'm also interested in seeing what I can do to clean up the optical quality of the beam. It appears to have glass optics, but I think that I could improve the alignment of the crystal and focus of the lenses.

It appears that such modification is possible, because z-bolt describes the process here. But on that page, z-bolt shows the insides of a Leadlight pointer, and only mentioned that they perform a similar procedure on their BTG-2, without the pictures.

In short, I guess my question is whether anyone out there has tried to modify this brand of pointer before. How do the internal parts compare to a Leadlight, for which there is a whole lot of information available?