Luxeon binning guide, updated

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
Great work! Makes our life a lot easier /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Unfortunately your color chart is wrong, though---it looks like the old version from the Shoppe. There had been a thread a while back that indicated the X0 and X1 should be on the green side, not yellow.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:
I'd appreciate any comments.

[/ QUOTE ]
The distinction you make for Lux III "S" flux bin applies only to the HD, not the SE. For the "S" SE the 51.7-67.2 applies.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
KevinL:
Feel free to distribute or link to the document. Keep in mind that I'll be updating it sometime soon based on the feedback I've gotten. I'll save it to the same file after archiving the current one, so links should always be current.

LEDs_ASAP, Doug S:
Thanks! A corrected version will be out sometime this week.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great! Link made. Hope it helps some lost soul who finds LumiLEDs' AB21.pdf intimidating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
KevinL:
The chart in its current form is ready for any sort of distribution or linkage you might have in mind. I also added your site to the list of direct-link permitted sites.

dyschan:
U & V bin LuxV portables are readily available. W-bins can be had, but aren't easy to come by. X-bins do not seem to have been made (or at least released to general distribution) ever since the new white tint binning system was released.

U-bin LuxIIIs have been seen, but seem to be rarer than the X-bin V.