decent hot sauce

raggie33

*the raggedier*
found some hooters 3 mile island wing sauce today. i guess its what hooters uses to make its hotest wings they have. it has a very good tate i made some hot wings with it.it could be hoter though.dont get me wrong its hot . but i like it hoter. i got some other sauce at walmart the other night is was very very hot i forget its name.but if ya see this hooters sauce i recomend it

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I think my favorite sauce is Tabasco's Chipolte sauce. It has a nice smokey flavor and isn't sour like the regular Tabasco sauce. Try it on hamburgers or chili; you'll love it.

RadarGreg

flashlite

Enlightened
I tried something called Dave's Insanity Sauce one time. Absolutely the hottest thing I've ever tasted. We use to put just a tiny bit of this stuff in some salsa and give it to some unsuspecting guests as a joke. It brought every one of them to tears. It's apparently the only product ever banned from the National Fiery Foods Show.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
You want hot? Try the NEW MagDog .357! It makes Dave's Insanity sauce look like Texas Pete! I'm not kidding.You can't use more than 1 drop at a time.All I do is dip the tip of a toothpick in it to let people try it and NOT ONE person yet has been able to go without water!

Eric_M

Enlightened
Is this the same raggie who less than a week ago was telling us that he's never going to eat jalepenos again? Now he's looking for a HOT HOT sauce.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Eric Maier said:
Is this the same raggie who less than a week ago was telling us that he's never going to eat jalepenos again? Now he's looking for a HOT HOT sauce.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]sadly yes but yummy

matt_j

Enlightened
Hey raggie

Super hot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Pay close attention to the disclaimer...

Matt

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
"THE CONTENTS OF 6AM RANGE FROM A LOW OF 10.3 MILLION TO A PURE 16 MILLION.."

(caps theirs, not mine)

If they are referring to Scoville Heat Units (SHU), you could use this 'additive' as a substitute for a pepper spray once you get it into a suitable atomizer.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a hot sauce purist -- I don't like sauces that are basically chemical extracts (and taste like solvents to boot), which Dave's Insanity and its ilk are. I like hot sauces made from actual peppers, and that taste like peppers and other natural ingredients.

I like the Iguana XXX habanero sauce, it is hot but not stupendously so for an habanero sauce. But it tastes really good.

My favorite hot sauce for adding to eggs is Trinidad Caribbean habanero hot sauce. The Caribbean spices blend incredibly well with eggs.

My favorite Habanero overall is Boulder Harry's Habanero hot sauce. Nice heat, and the taste is amazing.

I tend not to like the Tabasco line. They end up being not hot enough (their habanero or jalapeno) or too vinegary (their regular sauce) for me.

Eric_M

Enlightened
Let me ask you "hot sauce" afficianados (spelling?) a question. Do you find any real flavor in these extreme hot sauces? I've tried them and the only thing I can sense is "heat" and not any flavor. I love hot sauces and spicy foods but there is a point where flavor ends and nothing but a heat sensation begins for me.

Anybody else notice this?

Eric

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Eric Maier said:
Let me ask you "hot sauce" afficianados (spelling?) a question. Do you find any real flavor in these extreme hot sauces? I've tried them and the only thing I can sense is "heat" and not any flavor. I love hot sauces and spicy foods but there is a point where flavor ends and nothing but a heat sensation begins for me.

Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they taste great. These sauces are meant to be used in extreme moderation.

As far as Extreme heat, I think the Blairs 6AM is the hottest it gets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

CajunBabe

Newly Enlightened
Raggie,
I grew up in a town near Avery Island which is where Tabasco is manufactured. If they would have bottled Tabasco in gallon bottles, my dad would have bought it. He always put it on practically everything he ate. When he and my mom taught me how to cook "cajun" meals, it seems like almost every receipe they use say, Lynn don't forget to add a little Tabasco.
Three things you find in every cajun home, a shotgun, a gumbo pot and tabasco.

CajunBabe

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love tabasco i lol i buy hot sauce in gallon jugs but cant find tabasco sadly i think the bigest i saw tabasco sauce was 16 oucnes atwal mart

StuU

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Eric Maier said:

Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

The Jalapeno is often described as all hot and no flavor. However, the Habanero and Serrano have very distinct flavor characterics. Habanero especially has a complex flavor.

Use these in moderation and you will experience the flavor versus just the heat.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tiktok 22 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Eric Maier said:

Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they taste great. These sauces are meant to be used in extreme moderation.

As far as Extreme heat, I think the Blairs 6AM is the hottest it gets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I'm sure someone with mega bucks has opened them,they are actually not "meant" to be opened.They are collector's items which is why they are numbered.They have it at the Pepper Palace along with some other high dollar extracts.

Latest posts