LSH-P lens question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmlotito

Newly Enlightened
Does the LSH-P come shipped from ARC with a removable plastic coating on the lens. I ask this because the one I received in its original unopened packaging appears to have air bubbles on the lens which appears to be the result of a plastic film covering the lens. Before I go pokeing around the lens to see if it is removeable can anyone tell me what these bubles are?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
i know for sure the Arc4+ had the coating. do the bubbles appear to be random or clostered around the center ring?

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a plastic film to protect the lens from scratches. You can remove it if you want to.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might not be, my protective film is gone off of my LSH-P and there appear to be bubbles in the optics near the center ring down at the base where it contacts the LED head. A defect in the manufacturing. since they're probably injection molded like most other plastic pieces that size.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmlotito- Billson is correct, it's a plastic cover. The bubbles should disappear if you remove it.

hallis- Those aren't bubbles, it's gel oozing from the Luxeon. Do a search on "farkle".

Peter

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like LitFuse says, but also look in the Arc Flashlight FAQ for farkle. If it bothers you, I've had some success by taking the LED module out, and scooping off all the goop around the rim of the LED lens with my fingernail, then cleaning with alcohol/Q-tip and reassembling. You can get it pretty good, but you have to be very careful to not scratch anything, clean everything extremely well, and maybe wear latex gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts