best lumen output

mapet

Newly Enlightened
What is the most suitable lumen output for your tasks. Please do not respond "it depends". Please imagine that you have to chose only one single output level flashlight... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

For me 15 lumens ( 1W luxeon + NX05) is the best...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light I reach for most often would be my KL1 as well, 25 lumens. (I know that's not what SF's specs say, but that's what I FEEL the light puts out).

More is always good though. SF's P60 (65 lumens) would be a close favorite.

(edited: pressed "continue" instead of "preview"..)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
One light only, with one single output, and one single balance of throw and spill???

Blasphemy! One light my A$$!

That said... I have taken quite a shining to my Lambda 3w Pill in a Minim*g. It allows me to look off a ways. It allows me to adjust the beam to a BIG soft flood. It looks like a common MM, so no one looks twice...

Until it's on!

Maybe the ability to reduce output for runtime would be a good thing... But that's why my ARC AAA is around my neck on a Paracord lanyard (with a spare battery in my Motorola pager)!

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the 15 lumen "low mode" on my SF L2 is sufficient for about 99% of all my around the house, yard, and camping needs.

cy

Flashaholic
an original ARC LSH-P w/twisty would be it for me. bright enough for most duties, but not so bright closeup work is useless.

Great form factor, rugged as they come and decent runtime too. Small wonder, so many are trying to find one.

Flashlight Enthusiast
15 lumens. The L2 on low is just the right amount of light for 99% of my tasks.....

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I had to get rid of my collection, choose only 1 light, I would probably go with the QIII. Only one battery, small, less than $50...... I hate to admit it but after collecting many $$$$$$$$$ worth of really cool lights, The Q III is the best deal for the $$$$. Bright too.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few Surefire lights. The weakest being the KL1 on E1e body and the strongest would be my M3. Until the day I purchase an M6, my favourite light would be my M3 for high power, and KL1 on E1e for low power. In fact my E1e + KL1 combo sees most use and is among all my lights my favorite.

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
I need a min of at least 50 lumens incan light for aircraft inspection)(up to a range of 60-100ft), cos LED being white will be reflected of the Aircraft surface and I would not be able to detect any cracks or oil leak.

The surface of the aircraft is white (slightly blue color) so a 30 lumen incan light is still better than a 65 lumen led.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
1 to 5 lumens of ambience pale LED light for close work, (find keyhole, read/write in the dark, low profile navigation in the dark, etc) paired up with at least 50 lumens of incandescent beam (checking out stuff and navigation in power cut buildings, dark alleys, searches, etc). Sounds like I need an A2, but I use a 6P and 5mm keychain light. And finally I wished for a something above 200 lumens incandescent... still gathering parts for Mag85 (800lumens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am an Aircraft Mechanic. I use a Tri-Star Phazer and a Streamlight Stinger. I really love using the Phazer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr Mechanic- You Lke the Tristar? Try the Pentalux. Talk to Wayne. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think Wayne is going to make that Pentalux.

...but if he does...

I dont mind having too much light for some tasks so when I get my Mini-HID Mag mod, That will probably be my choice. 6.75 inches and 530 lumens. It's never enough light!

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got 1. They'r real neat. Plead with him. And no, mine (The Pentalux) ain't ever for sale. It's just too cool.

NT

Latest posts