P60 in an E1e?

Lumenous

Newly Enlightened
I go running a lot at night and I'm looking for a flashlight that fits in the palm of your hand like an E1e. It has to be a high intensity flashlight.

Has anyone ever tried putting a P60 in an E1e? I wouldn't mind a 20 minute (or less ) runtime.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
A P60 won't run in an E1e because of the voltage difference. The P60 runs on 2 123 batteries, yielding 6 volts. The E1e only has one battery, and hence 3 volts. Also, there is a size difference. The E series uses MNxx series bulbs, which have the reflector built into the bezel of the light. The P6x and P9x Lamp Assemblies have the reflector included with the bulb. One possible mod you may have heard about is using a P61 in a E2 series light, which required modding the reflector and light bezel. Hope this helps

-Mike

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumenous,

If you want serious light in the palm of your hand, you could go with one of the custom heads, like a PR-T or an Aleph head. With the 27mm reflector and a BadBoy600 converter, you'd be seeing a lot of light. If you plan on running it for a long time, I'd go with the MM+. It generates less heat than the BB. Either way, you'll have a lot of light in the palm of your hand. The only issue that I see is runtime. You can only get so much out of a single 123. Maybe a BadBoy 400 or Mad Max lite would be in order, decreased light, but longer runtime.

Lumenous

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to post in the BST section. But, Tony, you wouldn't know anyone that custom builds these BB or MM heads on CPF would you?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumenous,

I do. So do a number of other people. If you are half way handy with a soldering iron, you could do it yourself.

I'll PM ya.

Krit

Enlightened
Try P91 lamp in 6P body and run it with 2*li ion 3.7 volt 123a. It can produce around 8.5 volt fresh charge.